2 Ninjago sets worth while picking up now

emazers

I know why am I buying this cheap stuff, well I have alot of the last years stuff, 2505,2509, 2521 and plenty 2507. Now 2 good sales are the Sonic raider on Amazon for $51.00 and the Temple of Light $48 each, I got 6 of each and 6 LOTR Ambush Ship $70, the Ninjajo sets should be $125 and up pretty fast next year.   Ed

• Like 1

They are both winners in my eyes. Really impressive sets in person. Temple/fortress sets have been more - fire temple, garmadon fortress, etc.

Plus the Temple of light has a giant mech and some good minifigures. I think its a pretty nice set.

I like the raider way more, but it has been out longer. It has all 4 ninjas though and pythor which is a 20$ figure. Plus the raider is freaking HUGE and covered with weapons. Definitely a winner.

I know why am I buying this cheap stuff, well I have alot of the last years stuff, 2505,2509, 2521 and plenty 2507. Now 2 good sales are the Sonic raider on Amazon for $51.00 and the Temple of Light $48 each, I got 6 of each and 6 LOTR Ambush Ship $70, the Ninjajo sets should be $125 and up pretty fast next year.   Ed

Hey me emazers .. when do you expect the temple of light and raider to EOL? end of this year maybe? or are they gunna be around another year?

• 1 month later...

I love the Raider.  Great set, and for those that missed the first two Ninjago waves, it has all four original ninjas, and an awesome, exclusive Snake General - Pythor.  Sweet vehicle too that separates into a tank/aircraft.

I've got a couple that I grabbed at $63, and one that I will be parting out.  If it shows "Retired" anytime soon, that will throw people into a frenzy for this set.

I see the same in my neck of the woods. $100 for temple of light is mighty aggressive. It can easily be had for $60 or less on any given sales day.

Yeah, I think we're 2 years+ out from seeing Temple of Light at $100.  It is readily available in Chicago-area retailers.

The Sonic Raider is available from Target.com for $59. About 25% off. Not sure if it is worth it or not?

Great call - I was mighty tempted to grab at that price, but I've filled my USR quota.  It's a nice price for the set if you want to speculate on Ninjago.

The Sonic Raider is available from Target.com for $59. About 25% off. Not sure if it is worth it or not?

I'm going to buck the trend (a little). My son has the Ultra Sonic Raider and he likes it. From a parent perspective, it looks cool but it's a real POS and the front canopy falls apart "frequently." The tracks are cool, but you know what? All of those tracked vehicles don't work on anything except carpet and you often have to press too hard to get them to roll (causing canopy collapse). All of the little "gadget weapons" are neat, but are easily disconnected from it. I'm constantly putting it back together. (Side Note; The Epic Dragon set is like this too .. the dragon & snake are flimsy to a six year old's hands.) I'm not going to invest in any of either set.

That said, the number of minifigs is a plus and the fact it can be "shared" by two kids because the vehicle separates is a big win. It's a big set that looks cool. It will appreciate in value IMO. However, don't buy it if you expect to sell it for more than $100 any time soon (they're selling for about $75 now). They've seen some good discounts up here in Canada and the newest Ninjago Rebooted sets are very cool - the kids love them and I think those will sell first.

I'm going to buck the trend (a little). My son has the Ultra Sonic Raider and he likes it. From a parent perspective, it looks cool but it's a real POS and the front canopy falls apart "frequently." The tracks are cool, but you know what? All of those tracked vehicles don't work on anything except carpet and you often have to press too hard to get them to roll (causing canopy collapse). All of the little "gadget weapons" are neat, but are easily disconnected from it. I'm constantly putting it back together. (Side Note; The Epic Dragon set is like this too .. the dragon & snake are flimsy to a six year old's hands.) I'm not going to invest in any of either set.

That said, the number of minifigs is a plus and the fact it can be "shared" by two kids because the vehicle separates is a big win. It's a big set that looks cool. It will appreciate in value IMO. However, don't buy it if you expect to sell it for more than $100 any time soon (they're selling for about $75 now). They've seen some good discounts up here in Canada and the newest Ninjago Rebooted sets are very cool - the kids love them and I think those will sell first.

Agreed - it really needs to retire before it will make any money.  After retirement, I could see it hit $100 fairly quickly.

Agreed - it really needs to retire before it will make any money.  After retirement, I could see it hit $100 fairly quickly.

For a set with $80 MSRP, the true popularity test will be if it DOES NOT hit $100 a couple of months after retirement.  Also, since we are making predictions, I do not see this set ever reach $200 within 4 years after retirement.

• Like 1