• Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

Here is the news article on BrickSet.

Same Swiss site publishes Legends of Chima, too!

Also, two more SUPER HEROES sets, almost all of the TECHNIC sets, all STAR WARS sets (except the "Planets"), and two more CITY sets have images and links!

I updated the list of 2013 sets to match.

Well, now we finally get to see 'the NINJAGO replacement'.

What do you think?

Edit:

Hang on, I quite literally JUST found pics and confirmed dates for the STAR WARS "Planets", too!

GrooveBricks - Star Wars Planets Series 3 & 4

Series 3 by January, Series 4 by March.

Here is the news article on BrickSet.

Same Swiss site publishes Legends of Chima, too!

Also, two more SUPER HEROES sets, almost all of the TECHNIC sets, all STAR WARS sets (except the "Planets"), and two more CITY sets have images and links!

I updated the list of 2013 sets to match.

Well, now we finally get to see 'the NINJAGO replacement'.

What do you think?

As I stated in another thread, I think Chima is pretty dumb. I know it is a fantasy line replacing another fantasy line, but at least ninjas really exist, fighting bird people don't. I guess I never had the creativity in my brain to wrap my head around fantasy stuff. I know I am not the primary demographic for Lego, far from it, but I will be surprised if even my 6 year old thinks Chima is cool. He loves Ninjago, so we will see if Lego made a good choice as far as our household is concerned.

Here's a link on BrickSet about the NINJAGO Character book with the exclusive Llyod ZX.

DK Ninjago Character Encylopedia available now

You can buy it now on amazon.com for (at time of post) $12.91 (Retails $18.99).

That's about the same price as a spinner.

Not bad if all you want is the exclusive minifigure (which is the ONLY reason for me).

They look OK. A weaker version of Ninjago. I don't think they are as cool as Ninjago. I liked the colors, dragons, snakes and nice creative mix of the Ninjago them. Time will tell. Maybe I'll like some of the bigger sets when released.

Kinda hard to tell from low resolution images, really. But I think they're interesting atleast. Seem to be alot different from NINJAGO in many aspects. I wonder just how many custom molds did they have to come up with for these things?!

Well, atleast now I know why there were SO many sets listed. Those 'Speedorz' (whatever) are supposed to be the equivalent of the 'Spinner' packs. Lot of medium sized sets. Heh, I wonder how much stuff kids will end up breaking with those 'Speedorz' things! Haha.

Does anyone else think of Star Fox when they see the Chima sets? Looks like they are making a lot of new head shapes for those figures. I wonder if they'll be ABS or that soft stuff CW Yoda and Kitt Fisto were made of.

....You know, I can actually see a little "Star Fox" in there! At first they reminded me of the original "Thundercats" cartoon for some reason. As for which material, I think it will be determined by how complex or if the part has pointed edges. You know, so kids don't hurt themselves or something.

For some reason I can't get a Mega Bloks feel out of my head when looking at the pictures. Perhaps I would have a different feeling if I saw these built in person. Specifically, 70000, 70006, and 70013 really stand out. It might be because of the new wing like pieces. I just wanted to see if I am by myself on this or are there other people that thought this as well.

What is a Chima? I have no idea what this is about. I will look it up, but I have no shame in admitting that I currently don't know a thing about it. That doesn't mean it won't be extremely successful for LEGO, but maybe this will be the same as Ninjago for me. I didn't know what it was at first either, but it grew on me over time.

What is a Chima? I have no idea what this is about. I will look it up, but I have no shame in admitting that I currently don't know a thing about it. That doesn't mean it won't be extremely successful for LEGO, but maybe this will be the same as Ninjago for me. I didn't know what it was at first either, but it grew on me over time.

Get with it brother...

"The kingdom of Chima is a magical land in which very advanced species dominate. These creatures speak and act like people. They use vehicles and machines and live in amazing castles and fortresses. They have claws, teeth, tails, and some are equipped with wings. Now they are at war with each other...

"Chima was once a pure, natural paradise, but heavily armed barbarian species have changed it and now best friends have become sworn enemies of each other. Ruthless weapons destroyed the once sacred temples. Blood-thirsty vehicles battle each other in fatal duels in the forest.

"The creatures are fiercely fighting over a powerful natural resource called Chi. which is the source of life but also unimaginable destruction.

"Only a few brave heroes in Chima understand the true nature of Chi, and that its misuse leads to the total destruction of Chima. The stories of these heroes and those who want to destroy them are known as

Get with it brother...

"The kingdom of Chima is a magical land in which very advanced species dominate. These creatures speak and act like people. They use vehicles and machines and live in amazing castles and fortresses. They have claws, teeth, tails, and some are equipped with wings. Now they are at war with each other...

"Chima was once a pure, natural paradise, but heavily armed barbarian species have changed it and now best friends have become sworn enemies of each other. Ruthless weapons destroyed the once sacred temples. Blood-thirsty vehicles battle each other in fatal duels in the forest.

"The creatures are fiercely fighting over a powerful natural resource called Chi. which is the source of life but also unimaginable destruction.

"Only a few brave heroes in Chima understand the true nature of Chi, and that its misuse leads to the total destruction of Chima. The stories of these heroes and those who want to destroy them are known as

For some reason I can't get a Mega Bloks feel out of my head when looking at the pictures. Perhaps I would have a different feeling if I saw these built in person.

I can understand why you see that, and I think our opinions may change a little when we can see these sitting on a shelf.

Chima is the next STAR WARS...LOL

Yeah, fat chance! Haha!

Sounds like Avatar: The Last Airbender, with animals.

Good analagy.

I just looked over the new Chima releases and there's nothing there that really 'does it' for me. As yet I can't understand why Lego would discontinue their no. 2 product line/theme for this and then say "fans will be wondering why we didn't discontinue Ninjago even sooner" I understand that kids are the primary target market for their product. I just don't see the draw here as yet for kids. Maybe if there is a TV series tie-in of some sort that builds a back-story and Raison d'

Edit:

Hang on, I quite literally JUST found pics and confirmed dates for the STAR WARS "Planets", too!

GrooveBricks - Star Wars Planets Series 3 & 4

Series 3 by January, Series 4 by March.

From your posted link I get:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at www.groovebricks.com Port 80

Do you have a better/valid link?

Do you have a better/valid link?

I just checked and the link automatically redirects to a working page, but here is the correct (& current) link to GrooveBricks for the STAR WARS "Planets" anyway.

GrooveBricks - STAR WARS "Planets" Series 3 & 4

The reason why the original link stopped working was because the image posted was 'flagged', which led to the page being removed the very next day. Just in case (and for the heck of it), I saved a copy of the original image posted. You can check it out on one of the last replies in the "Sets of 2013" topic in case you are curious.

As yet I can't understand why Lego would discontinue their no. 2 product line/theme for this and then say "fans will be wondering why we didn't discontinue Ninjago even sooner"

One can contemplate all of the various possiblities as to "why in the heck would they discontinue a 'cash cow' like NINJAGO?"

I've heard that LEGO designers can spend (supposedly) years designing a theme or set even. With that kind of prep, they more than likely plan how long a theme will generally run. Like one or two runs with about five sets each, similiar to the POWER MINERS production.

In the case of NINJAGO, they could have planned for a general three-year run, provided it stayed as popular as it did. If it hadn't, they would have cut their losses and stopped production of the series (both TV and sets) short.

There's also the question of 'flooding the market' with too much of the same theme. I mean, we've had almost three-years of ninja this & that. By now, even the target audience (kids) is probably getting bored and looking forward to 'something completely different'.

Even if something sells insanely well, there will be a point that interest will drop, and when it does, it'll hit pavement like an anvil. How's that old addage go?

"Better to quit on top than keep going to fall flat on one's face."

Plus, storywise (unless they REALLY want to drag it out) NINJAGO has to come to a close.

Much in the same way BIONICLE did. Of which, BIONICLE had an awesome storyline and I'm sorry that it ended at all. But still, it was great while it lasted.

NINJAGO had some cool enemies, an okay storyline (rather filled with cliches), and nice designs.

If it is going to end (and it is), I'll get this last wave of sets, and look forward to whatever comes down the road.

On a side note, I think these "Stone Army" dudes look pretty cool and would look great in a chinese temple with a courtyard MOC of sorts.

(BTW I just closely read the thread title and got a good chuckle...nice double entendre LOL)

......Double entendre?......Say what?

Wait....

AH DANG IT! I MISSPELLED REVEALED!!!

AH CRAP!!!

• 2 months later...

So I went to one of my LEGO stores today and picked up a tower bridge and what I saw was unreal......... they took one half of a wall and filled it with nothing but LOC sets! That's not even the unreal part, kid after kid in an absolute trance over these sets! Parents were literally dragging their kids away from this wall kicking and screaming!! No news for me cause I could care less about this theme but others here are exited about it!

I'm not interested in the theme either, my son is so-so on it, so I don't think it will be too much of a fiscal drag on me, but the Walmart I went to today looking for deals had half of an aisle filled with them. A little splash of other sets here and there, but LoC was predominantly the theme of choice being sold right now.

LEGO is most certainly pulling out ALL the stops by promoting the bejeezus out of LEGENDS OF CHIMA! There is the upcoming series on Cartoon Network, three video games, the promotional polybag for this month, and really flashy boxart.

I wonder how much of the thrill with kids is a result of marketing, or of the sets themselves.

The boxes are most definitely eye catching........maybe thats it?

A blend of all three.

1. Marketing

2. Boxart

3. Set Designs

I was at the Potomac Mills Lego store just outside Washington DC today and I saw the same thing, literally a quarter of the store was Chima sets. There was a wall that was blue half way down it, quite incredible! The whole front of the store was decorated with green and blue Legends of Chima cardboard. Cardboard Chima signs as well. I however, have zero interest in this theme.