• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

Guess lego really wants this theme to explode. I personally have no interest at all in it. Maybe if I was a kid again but even then I'm not so sure I would be into it. But on that note I'm glad I'm not Into it because there are just way too many good sets I still need to get and the year is only two days old.

if we buy them now, maybe by June all the parents of the kids that are glued to the TV will make us money!

Hey, that's so crazy it just might work! Heh.

But I have a strong feeling that every store will make sure they are stocked to the teeth with all of these sets in particular.

Of which could lead to some inevitable discounts.

I wonder if there are any exclusive Chima sets. Sets that maybe can only be found at Target or Walmart or Lego.com. I know there is the free one that Lego.com is giving with $75+ orders right now. I guess time will tell. I will have do do some research on this soon.

I wonder if there are any exclusive Chima sets. Sets that maybe can only be found at Target or Walmart or Lego.com. I know there is the free one that Lego.com is giving with $75+ orders right now. I guess time will tell. I will have do do some research on this soon.

With the amount of sets currently available as well as a bunch of future ones, you can bet on a handful being 'store exclusives'. Have no idea how to find out which ones will be until someplace like Brickset or Brickipedia lists that kind of info though. The numerous polybags that are planned for release will no doubt be exclusive to one store or another.

I think it looks pretty awesome. I won't pick up more than one or maybe two sets for myself personally but if I were a kid, I'd prefer this to Ninjago. The sets are super diverse with different objects in them, and look at the colour scheme. It's all very bright and vibrant. Besides, birds. Birds are cool. And there are those owl guardian (?) movies that seem pretty popular that might be subtly helping. Either way, the sets look awesome. Not for me, but I can see why kids want 'em.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Chima and Ninjago on the shelves together. I would think both would sell like crazy. Then again the 2 themes could work against each other as kids with spending limits will now have to choose between Chima and Ninjago. Either way TLG will get their $$$

This theme will probably be a winner investment wise but unfortunately I will not be buying any because I adhere to the advice given to me and others by Ed, which is buy what you like/love. I personally believe that one day (hopefully not in my lifetime) that the Bubble will pop. And if I am still alive and it happens I want to at least have sets that I can have fun building. This theme totally baffles me as to why it is so popular, other members have explained the popularity but I still just don't get it...........birds people they are just birds!

I've seen the sets and they don't do anything for me. Then again, I know I'm not the target audience. I've bought some of the Ninjago sets to flip quickly like 9450 Epic Dragon Battle (that set was crazy hot) and the Lloyd ZX spinner (another hot one), but there's nothing that I'm holding onto. Once the Ninjago run ends (whenever that is), I don't think there's going to be much demand for it. Just my 2 cents. I'll keep an eye on Chima once the initial wave of excitement passes and see if there's anything worth picking up, but it will be for next year's Christmas rush and a quick flip.

It's far too early to tell whether any of these will be resell "winners." As hard as TLG is pushing them now, retail stock will most likely not be depleted for another 11 months. I just hope that they have learned from the mistakes with Space Police, AC, Atlantis, and even the red box wave of Ninjago: DON'T overproduce, and balance out vehicles with bases. As for shelf space (in stores and at home) competing with Ninjago will be interesting. Are kids ready to move on already? I'm not sure the decision to keep Ninjago into 2014--after "The Final (?) Battle"--was the best. On a more practical side, I actually look forward to hours of shooting these things across the table with my son. We never got into Ninjago, but where the spinners only do one thing (can you guess?) TLG has designed numerous games surrounding the Speedorz idea. Kudos.

Yeah I feel these 2 themes could work against one another. When there is no Ninjago available for kids at the Lego store I do not feel they will pay extra in the secondary market for Ninjago. Instead they will just buy Chima. I could be completely wrong. I'm looking at it from a 29 year old perspective and not a kids perspective. Ninjago is indeed coming back for 2014 and I'm assuming Chima will be around into 2014-2015 as well. I guess only time will tell with these 2 themes.

birds people they are just birds!

Bird-brain.... (Heh)

I don't know man. Some things just click, while others do not. I like these characters just cause they're 'outside the box'. Then again I watched (or thanks to DVD, still watch) stuff like the original "Thundercats" when I was a kid. Much like my opinion of GALAXY SQUAD, my favorite minifigures are the villians. Come on, wolves, crows, bugs, I'm totally there!

I guess in some ways, I'm still just a kid.

The Lego propaganda machine for Chima is in full force. Both Lego Club magazines and the catalog were shoving this theme directly in your face. Lego has definitely gone "all in" for this line. The catalog had a Chima poster, and I think the first 11 pages were showcasing it. Fortunately the Death Star was still hiding in the back, enjoying seeing it's 5th calendar year:(

I don't know about you but I'm really looking forward to putting my hands on one of these Chima sets. At first I didn't like them but I can't wait to see them on a local retailer.

BTW, same thing happened to me with the Ninjago theme.

Initially I was all set to ignore these sets, but after seeing them in the store I am sold on them. The sets look fantastic, and I love the new characters. Oh well, I didn't need that money. :)

I will say that my son does not like them. His complaint is that they are not people. Maybe there is a market for both these sets and Ninjago.