• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

I think it will be hot. I personally may be dumping all my ninjago inventory before Chima takes off. I just can't see any kids remaining interested enough in ninjago to get their parent to pay twice retail for sets on eBay when they are gone when Chima is a perfect alternative. I could easily be wrong though... I don't have kids btw.

I am a Cub Scout Master right now and my scouts love Ninjago. All 24 have watched the TV episodes and they all have at least some of the Lego sets. They always beg me to bring Lego sets for them to play with when they have free time at scouts. I think the older boys who have had two years of Ninjago will still prefer it as they move up to more complex Legos and other interests, so I still see Ninjago demand, especially as it will come back in 2014. I'm thinking the 9 years old and older. The younger boys will likely really get into Chima, the 4 through 6 year olds. The boys in between (7 & 8 year olds) are in the wind. But, they all agree they are excited to see the first TV episode of Legends of Chima! So I guess we will see, I will definitely be asking them if they liked Chima. It is fun to have a marketing focus group I can talk to about Ninjago and Chima! lol

I would definitely rate this a "buy". It's on the cover of the Lego Club Magazine, lots of internet promos on lego.com and Youtube, along with very strong Television presence. It's kind of like a crossover with Disney when you think about it with all of the animals walking and talking like humans. It's like Thundercats meets the Lion King. I also think it will have longevity with all of the possible new animal tribes they can release in the future. Once they start making different animal tribes (maybe bears, sharks, rabbits, whatever) in the Chima sets the old ones (the ones out now) with the lions, crocs, wolves, eagles and ravens will see a steady increase in value. I think it has a classic theme the same as Dino and Kingdoms did. Kids will always want to collect Legos based on warring animal tribes, just like they love ninjas, pirates, dinosaurs, space aliens, robots, knights and dragons, etc. IMO Ninjago will always have value even after the TV show goes off the air because kids love ninjas, and I feel the same way about Chima. Of course, I wouldn't go crazy by stockpiling them now at MSRP, but if you see them on sale for 30% off or so, I'd say to ****** them up.

I have to admit, I was late to the game with Ninjago. Christmas 2011 was an eye opener for me when there were tons of Ninjago on clearance right after. I bought a few spinners and sets just because and flipped them for a few dollars in Jan and Feb. Then the flood gates opened and I had nothing left. I think Christmas 2013 will be the key to Chimas short term investing success. I really am cautious about this one, especially long term. If sets go 50% off then you can still buy and sell at retail. Any discount less than that is very iffie in my opinion... but I have been known to be wrong many times.

I guess I am still trying to figure out why LEGO ended Ninjago's run when it was still very successful. My stance on Chima is this... if there are good sets that can make a few bucks by flipping them or parting it out, I will be doing that. Otherwise, I have no real interest in it, so I don't plan on doing any long term investment in it.

https://community.lego.com/t5/NINJAGO/Important-Ninjago-Announcement/m-p/4461464 Ninjago is slated to continue at least into 2014. I'm sure Lego is prepared to continue both lines if they're popular. They're running MF and GS without cartoons, so if I were betting on something getting cut, those would be the ones. Stuart

LEGO is pulling out all the stops promoting Chima, so there is no question about everyone knowing the theme or not. I feel like it could do almost as well as Ninjago. Way too early in the game to tell really. All I can say is at my Target (the only store that actually got any 2013 sets still), their section of new City and TMNT sets were cleaned out. This last visit, there were barely a couple TMNT sets and two or three of the "Museum Break-In" left. There was some stuff from last year, but not much. (And not on clearance either for some reason....) Had a good amount of Galaxy Squad.

I guess I am still trying to figure out why LEGO ended Ninjago's run when it was still very successful.

Rules of good business I suppose. Too much of something (in this case, a theme) can oversaturate the market, causing the target audience to lose interest, which will ultimately cause the company to lose more money than what they bring in. Better to quit when you're on top of things, then wait for 'it' to hit the fan and interest falls flat. Besides, a little break is a good thing. Things can then start back up with a breath of fresh air!

Creative sets and cool minifigures work in any theme.

Totally. Love them minifigs!

This looks exactly like Ninjago but without the origionality. Ninjago did well because of the eye-catching boxes, great looking figs and interesting vehicles so maybe Chima will take off because of the same strategy. However, I dont like the look of the figures and the fact that it is so Ningago like. However, it doesn't seem to affect the target market of little kids. I may be missing out on a great investment, but I wont be buying any.

This looks exactly like Ninjago but without the origionality. Ninjago did well because of the eye-catching boxes, great looking figs and interesting vehicles so maybe Chima will take off because of the same strategy. However, I dont like the look of the figures and the fact that it is so Ningago like. However, it doesn't seem to affect the target market of little kids. I may be missing out on a great investment, but I wont be buying any.

Four ninjas with different weapons and a sensei is original? *cough* TMNT *cough*

I always say right before a theme comes out "Let's take a look at the minifigures and the targeted buyers" and just by looking at this theme I can tell that the minifigures are junk (on the trading market that is) and that it was aimed for the 5 to 10 age range. I am a diehard Lego StarWars fan and am also a respected lego trader, and I will not bring the shameful burden of harboring Chima on my collection, and furthermore I don't even like the story or the look of Chima. I think it's MEGA CRAP. So to all Chima noobs out there let my post be a reminder that the lego community today was built on StarWars, Bionicle, and City (in my opinion). So thanks to all my readers IrishGuy out.

I always say right before a theme comes out "Let's take a look at the minifigures and the targeted buyers" and just by looking at this theme I can tell that the minifigures are junk (on the trading market that is) and that it was aimed for the 5 to 10 age range. I am a diehard Lego StarWars fan and am also a respected lego trader, and I will not bring the shameful burden of harboring Chima on my collection, and furthermore I don't even like the story or the look of Chima. I think it's MEGA CRAP. So to all Chima noobs out there let my post be a reminder that the lego community today was built on StarWars, Bionicle, and City (in my opinion). So thanks to all my readers IrishGuy out.

TLG doesn't care if you like it or not.......if the kids (and I think they do) like it then that is all that matters to them. I totally agree with you though that LOC is garbage! I won't be adding any to my collection either.

I dont think the speedorz are nearly as fun to play as the spinner, spinner were simple and easy.

The Speedorz are like those ripcord toys from when I was a kid. They are fun, but if you don't have much room chances are you will be breaking a few things. Very fragile and very expensive things! That's the last sound any parent wants to hear.

*rip* *whoooosh* *CRASH!* "Oops!"