• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

So, the Legends of Chima pilot was last night and I watched half of it, I'll watch the rest when I have time. It seems okay, but definitely designed for kids just like Ninjago. There is conflict and misunderstanding, animal children who want to obey the rules and some that want to grow up too fast. There are nine animal factions - Lion, Eagle, Gorilla, Rhino, Bear, Skunk, Raven, Wolf, and Crocodile. The main conflict so far is between Lions and Crocs. The Lions guard the pool of Chi (pronounced chee) which are blue translucent bricks that can be put on a minifigure's chest and gives them great power but you must be old enough to get Chi. I lived in China for several years and speak Chinese and my wife is Chinese so I have some understanding of Chi in Chinese teachings. Chi can be translated as 'breath' and 'life force' in various Chinese martial arts and meditative teachings. On a simplistic level Chi exists in the center of your body and proper control of Chi, mostly through breathing techniques is powerful. A lot of the Chi portion of Legends of Chima seems taken from Chinese teachings. When I met with my Cub Scouts tonight none of them had seen it yet because it was shown at 9 pm local time which is too late for boys 6-10 on a school night. All of them were in bed or getting ready for bed so I don't have any idea yet if it will be a hit, but they were all excited to see it and if it is like Ninjago there will be plenty of reruns so they will all soon get a chance to watch it. Of the 12 boys who showed up tonight three of them already had Chima Lego sets and they were all asking their parents for sets because they have all seen the ads on TV. When I get more feedback from my scouts I will post more. Personally I think I like Ninjago more but then I like ninjas, oriental buildings and dragons (both my sons have Dragon in Chinese as part of their middle name, both my daughters have Phoenix, this was suggested by my Chinese father-in-law). However, I do like animals and I did buy a Chima Eagle set at 24% off because my name is Talon! Nine animal factions leaves a lot of room for people to find an animal faction to relate to and want to purchase. I am a little underwhelmed about the Chima Lego sets so far, but then I can say the same about Galaxy Squad. I think Lego is always trying to push the price boundary higher and there is a little less for your money in the new sets coming out.

I think Lego is always trying to push the price boundary higher and there is a little less for your money in the new sets coming out.

It does seem that way, doesn't it? Pay more, get less. (Even on sets comprised of the 'basic' parts.) Oh well, what can you do?

I've heard twice already someone made the "god those are pricey" comment for CHIMA when I was at Target.

Don't know why really, just ordered Cragger Command Ship 28% off and the Wakz Pack Tracker 26% off from Amazon. Something about the free shipping, no tax, and discounts called my name. At least I get another 3% with my Amazon card too. I set the DVR to record Legends of Chima. I plan to check it out with my son this weekend. I think these are two of the cooler designed sets they have so far. We'll see if this is a big hit or not.

Don't know why really, just ordered Cragger Command Ship 28% off and the Wakz Pack Tracker 26% off from Amazon. Something about the free shipping, no tax, and discounts called my name. At least I get another 3% with my Amazon card too.

I set the DVR to record Legends of Chima. I plan to check it out with my son this weekend. I think these are two of the cooler designed sets they have so far. We'll see if this is a big hit or not.

I did the same. 31% OFF is a sweet deal. No tax. No shipping.

I always say right before a theme comes out "Let's take a look at the minifigures and the targeted buyers" and just by looking at this theme I can tell that the minifigures are junk (on the trading market that is) and that it was aimed for the 5 to 10 age range. I am a diehard Lego StarWars fan and am also a respected lego trader, and I will not bring the shameful burden of harboring Chima on my collection, and furthermore I don't even like the story or the look of Chima. I think it's MEGA CRAP. So to all Chima noobs out there let my post be a reminder that the lego community today was built on StarWars, Bionicle, and City (in my opinion). So thanks to all my readers IrishGuy out.

I like money. STAR WARS and Bionicle has made me a fair amount. Ninjago and Chima will help me continue the trend.

Four ninjas with different weapons and a sensei is original? *cough* TMNT *cough*

Yeah really. Besides, LEGO has done a couple other themes revolving around four or more heros with special unique powers. So not really all that new or original. CHIMA is not exactly all that original either. Blah blah spirit energy, blah blah warriors, blah blah special powers, blah blah blah!

I decided to watch LOC today b/c i was being a loser and sitting on my couch on a beautiful day after a week of rain but decided to watch this... It was actually a pretty good cartoon. I typically HATE...****.A.T.E....HAAAAAAATE....today's cartoons but this one was enjoyable. I can see why kids love this stuff...

As far as demand for both? Are you over LEGOS sets? Star Wars? Transformers? Are you "over' the toys you grew up with? MOTU? The kids who fell in love with Ninjago will never quit loving Ninjago. They might not see the figures on the screen anymore but they see them everyday in their alarm clock, their toys, their t-shirts, at their friends houses...and next year... I don't know about LOC yet....with Ninjago coming back next year...IDK...I did enjoy the cartoons though. I'm personally staying away from LOC for long term investments for the time being. (most of my sets are bought for quick sales.)

Ok so you know the 14.99 racer kits they have for LOC... They all have the numbers on the front... starting with start Set 1 going up to 6. I can only find five... I have found all of them but number 2? Does this number represent something else or is it supposed to be sequential and they haven't released 2? Am I just missing something?

Perhaps Lego derped? Dunno. It'd help if you sent us pics of said sets.

You have to click on images of the box to see the number...

Starter pack 1

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/CHI-Battles-70113

Pack 2 - ???

I'm so confused

Pack 3

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ring-of-Fire-70100

Pack 4

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Target-Practice-70101

Pack 5

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/CHI-Waterfall-70102

Pack 6

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Boulder-Bowling-70103