• Spider
    • Scorpion
    • Vulture
    • Sabre-Tooth
    • Tiger
    • Mammoth
    • Phoenix
    • Panther

some of the speedorz have good pieces for mocs like the boulder bowling but the set itself i haven't seen a must have speedorz

Like what you mentioned, I keep thinking about picking up a couple of Speedorz just cause of those rare parts but I still just can't seem to bring myself to doing such a thing. Perhaps if they were about the same price as the previous spinners from NINJAGO, then I would. At the moment, I'm waiting for them to get at least a $5 discount on any one of them.

As for the show, I still haven't a clue when the heck it will return other than Brickipedia says the show will come back around Summer of this year. Whenever that is exactly.... Brickipedia also says LEGENDS OF CHIMA will run all the way into 2015, which sounds like a three year run very similiar to NINJAGO's original run.

Ninjas and martial arts were always considered cool (at least from what I remember since the 1980s). Hence, I can understand Ninjago's popularity. Lego releasing Chima on the other hand has me perplexed from an investor's perspective. Not sure if kids are buying this up yet (they always seems to be in-stock unlike other themes). Even my nearly 4 yr old son skips Chima sets in the Lego catalog and store aisles to look at Monster Fighters, Star Wars, City, Super Heroes, TMNT, etc... As an investment, I'm staying far away (short and long-term). I just don't see future AFOL's wanting flick missle firing boat driving Crocs and Ducks from their childhood.

I'm an AFOL and I have absolutely NO interest in this theme. I know I am just one case, but I am simply not interested in any of it. This is why I won't be buying anything unless it is an amazing clearance. All that said, I also didn't like Ninjago, and some of those sets have done well.

All I can think of when looking at Chima is that it is a crappier looking Thundercats ripoff. So far it is the theme I like the least from Lego. Maybe I am too old to get it but I generally like most of the themes and love a few (Power Miners, Technic and Creator ftw!!)

TO ME IT'S A THUNDER CAT MIXED WITH FLYING BIRDS AND EAGLES...MY NEPHEW AND HIS FRIENDS LOVE NINJAGO BUT THEY ARE NOT FEELING CHIMA. SOME SETS MIGHT BE 20%-40% PROFIT WINNERS BY THIS XMAS BUT I DON'T SEE IT BEING HOT. SPEEDORZ....MAYBE GOOD IF YOU GET IT FOR A GOOD PRICE, AND YOU CAN DOUBLE YOUR MONEY. IM NOT GONNA BE INVESTING IN THIS THEME EITHER. ILL TELL YOU WHAT I DO FEEL. ANY NINJAGO SET WITH THE GOLDEN NINJA LLOYD. THAT WILL DEFINITELY BE HOT THIS XMAS. GOLDEN DRAGON SET AND THE TEMPLE OF LIGHT SET. BUT ONLY THOSE TWO SETS. TO ME THOSE ARE WINNERS. :) MR. CAPS OUT.

I'm about to return a few items that are worthless and I wanted to maybe steer that dinero towards some chima action... Let me know

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Chima-Cragger-Command-70006/dp/B00A850VO2?SubscriptionId=AKIAJQSYTIGRBKVM26KQ&&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00A850VO2

I may be the only one here who thinks this, but, I think Chima is going to BOMB in the secondary market. I may be wrong but I'm only going to get these if they are discounted 50% off or more then I can at least get retail for them.

make that two people...i don't see long term potential here. maybe for a quick flip this xmas season, but several years from now i think we will be talking about chima the same way we do about atlantis, pharoh's quest, toy story, and the best of the worst...prince of persia. chima is the current flavor of the month, and it really hasn't even taken off that well. the cartoon came out, gave the kids one episode, then disappeared. maybe the parents are still recovering from all the ninjago they had to buy this past xmas to get involved in a new line for the kiddos. all of the places i buy lego from in town (walmart, shopko, target, toysrus) always seem to have plenty of product on this line, while the other themes always seem to be picked over (tmnt, city, star wars, friends, ninjago, etc).

I may be the only one here who thinks this, but, I think Chima is going to BOMB in the secondary market. I may be wrong but I'm only going to get these if they are discounted 50% off or more then I can at least get retail for them.

I'm in agreement too, I think with the return of ninjago in 2014 this theme will fade quickly. The concept is cool but I'm not sure it will resonate with kids/investors.

We have substantial numbers, my friend. I agree. Wolf-headed minifigs don't really seem like they will be popular in 5 years. Even at 50%, I would buy it just to "flip it fast".
  • Like 1

Unlike Atlantis and Persia sets there will be a market in Chima at some point in the future when these little boys are adults and can afford that Chima set they couldn't get as a child. Remember the TV series starts up again in June. All my cub scouts who saw the two episodes that are out loved them; what kids don't like animals? So, if you don't flip them at Christmas time for the next few years then you just need to hold them for 20 or 40 years and should make a good return. ;-)

I would doubt Chima too if it weren't for the fact that every time I am in any store that is what the kids gravitate too. I am in a dozen stores a week looking in the LEGO section and all I ever see kids looking at or buying is Friends and Chima. Next time you are in the LEGO aisle watch the kids and see what they are interested in. That's not the only indication of what's hot but it might give a good indication of what to stock up on for next Christmas.

Two years ago one of the smartest things you could have done was buy up every Ice Dragon Attack (2260) set you could find. Will Chima turn in a similar performance? Its too soon to tell. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that the command ship and the flying sets at the least are very popular. Whether any of them will be selling for 5X retail in two years is anyone's guess at this point. All of these sets should be available throughout this entire year and likely into 2014, on sale at various times as well. There's no need to rush out and spend gobs of money just yet. Wait for the fall sales and hopefully some indication of future secondary market interest before shelling out the dough.

I don't know if they will bomb necessarily, it really depends on how much you get them for and how long you want to hold onto them for. If they aren't a short term winner they will always sell to nostalgic adults in 20-30 years as others have suggested when they have disposable income...