Superheroes help Movies + LEGO

Alcarin

Ok I decided I will also go into Superheroes collecting.... atleast some of the cooler figs and I just spent an hour checking stuff (movies) and history and got truly overwhelmed...

So if some expert on the theme could explain a couple of things regarding the time frame (if there is any at all)

I watched:

- The Dark Knight (2 movies)

- Some Spiderman movies (I think 2, but not the newest one)

- Avengers movie

- Iron Man 1 (and I think i watched 2 also)

Now Spiderman is my least favorite I am more interested about Avengers and I would like to watch some of those movies (Thor is already waiting) but I am wondering how does the time frame of Iron Man movies interact with Avengers, and same for Thor....

Also does Hulk, Black Widow etc. have their ''own'' movie like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor?

now my aim is to collect the Avenger figures... so basically (if possible) Avenger figures in their Avenger torsos/equipment... I have seen Iron Man has quite a few different figures out ... ok Thor and hulk are simple... but Black Widow is only 1 version and in 1 set(Quinjet?) because she looks expensive....

Also is the Captain America outfit for Avengers from the retired set or from the new and whats the major difference (color?)

I did not ever think I will be so confused starting the Superheroes lol.... Did not even yet look into some stuff like Batman fully, and some crazy comic characters I am meeting in my way of research.... Basically if anyone knows and if it exists at all and could put down the timeframe of movies that interact heroes from Avengers I would be very thankful.

thats a long answer so heres a good place to read up on the movie timeline http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Great stuff... loads of reading to go :D

You missed 'Batman Begins' as the first part of the Dark Knight trilogy.

And... Hulk does have his own movie, but make sure you watch the Incredible Hulk from 2008 and not the other movie from 2003.

ok... I am not 100% sure if i saw Batman begins sometime on the TV... Ill double check

Here's the visual timeline: '>

Large image so I can't post here.

Thats perfect one thanks :D

Ok I decided I will also go into Superheroes collecting.... atleast some of the cooler figs and I just spent an hour checking stuff (movies) and history and got truly overwhelmed...

So if some expert on the theme could explain a couple of things regarding the time frame (if there is any at all)

I watched:

- The Dark Knight (2 movies)

- Some Spiderman movies (I think 2, but not the newest one)

- Avengers movie

- Iron Man 1 (and I think i watched 2 also)

Now Spiderman is my least favorite I am more interested about Avengers and I would like to watch some of those movies (Thor is already waiting) but I am wondering how does the time frame of Iron Man movies interact with Avengers, and same for Thor....

Also does Hulk, Black Widow etc. have their ''own'' movie like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor?

now my aim is to collect the Avenger figures... so basically (if possible) Avenger figures in their Avenger torsos/equipment... I have seen Iron Man has quite a few different figures out ... ok Thor and hulk are simple... but Black Widow is only 1 version and in 1 set(Quinjet?) because she looks expensive....

Also is the Captain America outfit for Avengers from the retired set or from the new and whats the major difference (color?)

I did not ever think I will be so confused starting the Superheroes lol.... Did not even yet look into some stuff like Batman fully, and some crazy comic characters I am meeting in my way of research.... Basically if anyone knows and if it exists at all and could put down the timeframe of movies that interact heroes from Avengers I would be very thankful.

So first you need to keep in mind that there are two huge comic book companies which are completely rivals and their stuff usually doesn't mix.

That is to say, Batman and Spiderman don't live in the same world because Batman is owned by DC comics and Spiderman is owned by Marvel.

This is like an Iphone vs Samsung kind of deal.

Second is that while some characters are owned by the same company and thus live in the same world, the rights are sold to other companies for a time and therefore the stuff sometimes can't mix.

This is the case with Spiderman and Iron Man.

Sony bought the rights for Spiderman and Disney has the rights for Iron Man.

This means the two cannot be in the same movie or movie world until the rights of Spiderman to Sony pictures expires.

So, most of the franchises are alone and in their own timeframe.

Batman is not connected to Spiderman or the Avengers as he is owned by DC and Warner Bros has the rights.

So his movies are(the newer ones):

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

Sam Ramei Spiderman is sequential and not tied to the other Marvel Movies nor the new Amazing Spiderman movies

X-Men is like above and also owned by Sony I think, but they kept it separate and it's own franchise.

Now, here is where things get interested.

Marvel, the actual comics book makers, are largely responsible for Iron Man, Avengers, Thor and Captain America.

So all these films live together and the characters can interact, and the movie quality is usually alot better as well as the comic effect. That is, since the people making the comics actually have a hand in the movies, they are very close to what you actually find in the comics themselves.

So the timeline here is:

Iron Man 1

Iron Man 2

Thor 1

Captain America

Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor 2

Hulk has his own movies yes, but they are not made by the people who made Avengers so they aren't really connected. They are their own thing like the Spiderman and X-Men movies.

Black Widow doesn't have her own movie. They probably didn't think the character would be popular enough as a solo movie since as far as I know she never had a solo comic that lasted very long while all the other characters have. She is basically just a character to put on teams with other heroes.

• Like 1

This analogy isn't working for me. So if an iPhone calls an Android phone is it calling from a different demension?

I was referring to company rivalry more than the phones themselves. Maybe Apple vs Microsoft would have been better.

You can get windows on a Mac, but Apple won't be the one putting it there.

Or at least back in the day.

Hulk has his own movies yes, but they are not made by the people who made Avengers so they aren't really connected. They are their own thing like the Spiderman and X-Men movies.

This part is incorrect. The Incredible Hulk is a part of it, having Tony Stark in the post credits scene, as well as a deleted scene being Banner contemplating suicide with a gun (as mentioned in the Avengers) well away from everyone in the ice. He hulks up though and destroys the weapon, though the "incident" shatters the ice. Captain America can briefly be seen in the ice. One would assume this is what draws SHIELD to the region and hence finding Cap in the ice. 

This part is incorrect. The Incredible Hulk is a part of it, having Tony Stark in the post credits scene, as well as a deleted scene being Banner contemplating suicide with a gun (as mentioned in the Avengers) well away from everyone in the ice. He hulks up though and destroys the weapon, though the "incident" shatters the ice. Captain America can briefly be seen in the ice. One would assume this is what draws SHIELD to the region and hence finding Cap in the ice. 

Hmm, the one I didn't watch. Did Marvel Studios do this movie? I see they had an actor change.

Hmm, the one I didn't watch. Did Marvel Studios do this movie? I see they had an actor change.

They regained the rights to it after the first movie with Eric Bana. Norton had a lot of pull with the Incredible Hulk (which wasn't a direct sequel) as he co wrote it as well. However there were clashes between he and Marvel with how it would be cut (including the suicide scene I mentioned earlier). It is very intriguing that Marvel chose to mention this in the Avengers. Marvel also have made their short "One Shot" films which tie in. 

I am a huge comic book collector, so I figure I'll throw in my input.  The first Hulk movie, directed by Ang Lee IMO was a very good movie on its own, but not a very good "comic book" movie if you get my meaning.  Marvel distanced itself from that movie and had an actor change in the latest Hulk (2008) movie to be a part of the Avengers franchise of films.  The 2008 Hulk wasn't very good either (the worst of the new Marvel-produced movies by far), so they had a third actor play Banner for the Avengers films.  From IMDB "According to Kevin Feigie, due to positive reactions to Mark Ruffalo's Banner in The Avengers, a sequel will be made after Avengers 2."  They have plans for Thor movies, Captain America movies, Iron Man movies, and Avengers movies until the end of time.  Nick Fury, Black Widow, The Hulk, and Hawkeye, don't have any solo movies in the works AFAIK.  

The X-men, Wolverine, Deadpool, Blade, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, The Punisher and Spider-man films feature Marvel characters, but they aren't produced by Marvel Entertainment so those characters won't be featured in any Avengers movies until those licensing deals expire.

Another quote from IMDB will likely explain it better than I did:

All films made under the Marvel Studios banner (i.e., Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America) are all set in the same universe, with the characters crossing over, culminating in The Avengers (2012) movie which will tie these films together. Marvel also owns Punisher and Blade, and most recently acquired Daredevil and Ghost Rider. Daredevil (2003), Punisher (2004), Punisher: War Zone (2008), Blade (1998), Blade II (2002), Blade: Trinity (2004), Ghost Rider (2007) and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011) are not in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Other Marvel-based films owned by other studios are NOT set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, due to differing ownership. This includes Spider-Man (owned by Sony), the X-Men and Fantastic Four (both franchises owned by Fox).
  • Like 1

So the timeline here is:

Iron Man 1

Iron Man 2

Thor 1

Captain America

Avengers

Iron Man 3

Thor 2

Perfect... so I'll watch all those movies (some again) in that order....

According to what I watched I liked the new Batman movies quite a bit... I also liked iron Man (atleast 1st movie I thought was really good) and I liked pretty much all Avengers, was quite a decent action ''flick'' :P

Guess Ill have to see all Marvel production films from those... 

Never really digged X-man, Spiderman and all those you enlisted... I am kinda confused when I see sets from Dock Ock and similar villans since I never heard of those at all...