How will the upcoming 76017 affect the value of 6865?

brickinfinite

Will the upcoming release of 76017 Captain America vs Hydra have an adverse affect on the value of 6865 Captain America's Avenging Bike? What's your opinion?

I think the 6865 Cap set will settle down to $30 or less once 76017 is released.  The Red Skull figure in that set will make it way more popular with Captain America collectors than the horrible villain in 6865, although 6865 will always have demand due to the Avengers movie tie-in.  6865 will always be a winner, but I think the highest it will be for the next 5 years is right now.

• 3 weeks later...

From my understanding it should be a slightly lighter shade of blue, even though the pic is hard to tell. Some people, from what I`ve read, feel that it is time to dump, while others believe the variation of the shade to still give the set a push. I`m on the fence. Other then Cap. American and his motorcycle, the rest of the set isn`t that attractive. With another option on the market soon, more people may start to see that. I`m hoping not, but that is a possibility. 

If you agree with the first point, then absolutely dump. The margin should be high enough depending on what price you bought in at. I have 6 left that I got for $17 a piece, sold 1 with Catwomen last week for x2 what I paid. Only have $110 stashed in them, which isn`t enough for me to worry about so they will stay on the shelf for now unless I can sell for x2 also. Just me $0.02