10237 - Tower of Orthanc

I have no idea what you just wrote, is that backwards/sideways speak?

Sorry bad iPhone speak!

I was trying to say:

I guess I'll be the first person to post that it is down to being available at LEGO Shop at Home only (maybe wb shop?)

This is pretty unbelievable.  I am not saying it is retiring.

If you look at the eBay sales at present this set does not move very fast I am not sure if it is like other LOTR & Hobbit sets not moving...

Sorry bad iPhone speak!

I was trying to say:

I guess I'll be the first person to post that it is down to being available at LEGO Shop at Home only (maybe wb shop?)

This is pretty unbelievable.  I am not saying it is retiring.

If you look at the eBay sales at present this set does not move very fast I am not sure if it is like other LOTR & Hobbit sets not moving...

Ok, wow i-phone sucks.

My dilemma is to wait for Target to get the set back in and use gc/red card.  Or panic buy one from LEGO Shop at Home.

Double VIP + promo set #1 + free poster > 5% redcard discount. I'm not sure how much your discounted gift card evens the scale, but I'd still lean towards the current shop at home deal. I just bought my first one today.

Double VIP + promo set #1 + free poster > 5% redcard discount. I'm not sure how much your discounted gift card evens the scale, but I'd still lean towards the current shop at home deal. I just bought my first one today.

LEGO Shop at Home I have to pay tax too.  I have $120 in gift cards.  Probably just save the gc for slave 1 or tumbler. 

I agree that this set probably isn't retiring. I have a few just in case it does EOL early plus I eventually I want to have 5+ and the price is good now

It has been out 1.5 years. Probably one more year on it. Only if the license ends this year would it go EOL. The small chance that might happen is because the third Hobbit movie was originally supposed to come out this summer. But it got pushed back to December. But it seems unlikely Lego is cutting it close since they are releasing new Hobbit sets later in the year

Edited by brick_slayer

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget LOTR and Hobbit are different licenses.  It will be interesting to see what happens to all of the remaining LOTR sets come January.  I have enough of these, so I hope it does go and catches everyone off guard.  It is a great build, amazing display, quality and likely nothing will ever be produced like it again.  Those are enough reasons for me to invest.  Please everyone carry on, do not invest in this, go after others.  Limit is 2 so it must be a bad seller etc.  Please ignore.

• Like 1

Don't forget LOTR and Hobbit are different licenses.  It will be interesting to see what happens to all of the remaining LOTR sets come January.  I have enough of these, so I hope it does go and catches everyone off guard.  It is a great build, amazing display, quality and likely nothing will ever be produced like it again.  Those are enough reasons for me to invest.  Please everyone carry on, do not invest in this, go after others.  Limit is 2 so it must be a bad seller etc.  Please ignore.

I'm right there with you, I love this set and believe it was highly ignored which is good.  I know just by local store sales they have not sold well as the boxes always have some sort of crease so I can tell they've been sitting awhile except for the ones I keep picking off.