Mini Modulars seems to be...

Guest TabbyBoy

I was thinking that they do not have enough Modulars to do another 5 but 

MM1 included 10182 10185 10190 10197 10211

MM2 should have 10218 10224 10232 10243 & ????

Have I missed one? There "is" only four out at the moment?  Pet Shop, Town Hall Palace Cinema & Parisan Restuarant.

MM2 having 4 may be correct as this will for the perfect L shape with the other 5 of MM1.  If that's the case, I'd like the price to drop to say,

Guest TabbyBoy

This is what happens when you go on vacation and you have no chance of checking BP for a while.

Personal reminder for future vacations: make all efforts to check BP daily whenever possible.

It's been bugging me for a while, what are you using those M4 18mm screws for? ;-)

space? easy to display? shelf space easily runs out if you have several modular buildings built...

Wow, if that's true, I'd definitely happy to buy one of the new set to go with the one I have. But I guess they will need to include HH if they want to make another 5?

If the setup is intended to be a V instead of a straight line 4 would be fine...I may have been the one to start the rumor that such a set would come out (why would it not) but I haven't heard the rumor of such a set coming out now...I think it will be some time. 

I was thinking that they do not have enough Modulars to do another 5 but 

MM1 included 10182 10185 10190 10197 10211

MM2 should have 10218 10224 10232 10243 & ????

Have I missed one? There "is" only four out at the moment?  Pet Shop, Town Hall Palace Cinema & Parisan Restuarant.

Yes, you missed one. In fact there ARE FIVE Modular Buildings out right now.

The fifth one (same pricing, same piece count, same size as "normal" modulars) could see a good rise in value after EOL (even more than some other modulars, except the Restaurant) once modular collectors become aware of the fact that they had missed this "secret" modular, too, as long as it had been available. Even in this forum no one really seems to be very aware of the fifth one, so I think there might be some truth to my theory. But it is of course just a theory.

-> 10228

• Like 1

Yes, you missed one. In fact there ARE FIVE Modular Buildings out right now.

The fifth one (same pricing, same piece count, same size as "normal" modulars) could see a good rise in value after EOL (even more than some other modulars, except the Restaurant) once modular collectors become aware of the fact that they had missed this "secret" modular, too, as long as it had been available. Even in this forum no one really seems to be very aware of the fifth one, so I think there might be some truth to my theory. But it is of course just a theory.

-> 10228

There have been blogs (I wrote one) and several threads about this and how it fits in with modulars and its investment value.

Believe me, the Haunted House is NOT under the radar. I honestly have backed off it a little because so many people are buying them.

There have been blogs (I wrote one) and several threads about this and how it fits in with modulars and its investment value.

Believe me, the Haunted House is NOT under the radar. I honestly have backed off it a little because so many people are buying them.

It certainly is not under the radar as a Monster Fighters set. But regarding the Mini Modulars discussion, I was surprised that there is a relevant number of forum members who do NOT seem to have this on the radar as a MODULARS set (which could be included in a second Mini Modulars set). This is the perception-wise difference I was talking about when thinking about post-EOL buyers' awareness. Good blog article, by the way.

It certainly is not under the radar as a Monster Fighters set. But regarding the Mini Modulars discussion, I was surprised that there is a relevant number of forum members who do NOT seem to have this on the radar as a MODULARS set (which could be included in a second Mini Modulars set). This is the perception-wise difference I was talking about when thinking about post-EOL buyers' awareness. Good blog article, by the way.

My observation is actually opposite to yours. I think there is quite an amount of BPers actually think HH pretty qualified as a modular, including myself. I wouldn't say this is how TLG views it and would probably guess it's a 50-50 they will include it in MM 2.0 (well, we don't even know if there's going to be one anyway). But wanting/including HH in the modular family isn't a too rare thing here.

HH in terms of detail and design you could class it as a Modular.

But as part of a city or townscape how many include a haunted house? ;)

maybe just interchange the beloved phrase a little bit... "how can you have a town without a ghost house?"

lol just being silly here

maybe just interchange the beloved phrase a little bit... "how can you have a town without a ghost house?"

lol just being silly here

Thinking about it, if you remove the minifigs, and any ghost motifs, it could just be an abandoned falling down House. Plenty of those about :)

The HH does fit the the mold for being considered a modular in terms of design and compatibility with the other modulars.  But I think the fact that collectors today and more importantly many in the future that want to go back and collect all the modular buildings will leave the HH out of the list to obtain because it is not listed as an official modular.  That dampens future demand a little, by who much is not exactly know, but it will have less demand as a modular than the official modular line.

• Like 1

HH in terms of detail and design you could class it as a Modular.

But as part of a city or townscape how many include a haunted house? ;)

I beg to differ. HH is not in the same family of design as the modular series. The side walk in the front is different from the rest, and the opening of the house uses a different method from the stacking method employed in modular. This is very important as you are suppose to be able to access the modular house interior by simply lifting away the top while the buildings are arranged in tight townhouse formation. Simply put, HH is meant to be a standalone suburb house while modulars are designed to be in a tight urban setting like many of European old city centers.

I would think HH sits better with Simpson house and many of creator house series, but not the modulars.

Are we really having the Haunted House modular conversation again? :banghead: This is almost as bad as seeing another bubble thread. The Haunted House is, well, a house but it is not a modular one. It does not use the technic pin system for connectivity, there is no sidewalk or back alley area, and the whole thing opens up like a storybook instead of having removable stacking floors. It does fit perfectly in appearance with the other modular type of sets but it does not utilize a modular design. There are certain requirements which make the modular house sets exactly that otherwise they would just be regular houses like any other one from Creator. If the Haunted House is a modular then so is the Family House here.

tmp_image.png

• Like 3