76006 - Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle

amnesiac

I know this isnt the EOL section, but I thought it get better responses here. I am real bullish on the Extremis set due to the War Machine minifig. With the Iron Man movies at an end I dont see War Machine coming back to theaters anytime soon and doubt that it will be reissued in another Super Heroes set down the line. I know that this set was released last January and it's probably unlikely that it will retire anytime soon but I wanted to get the boardies to chime in here. A lot of the Marvel stuff seems to be going away and its got me kinda nervous about waiting for a better sale to start mass buying this set. Tell me what you guys think....

I`ve passed on this set in favour of Arctic Batman and the Venom Spiderman set (same price point). Just feel they have more potential, and are overall better sets. Like Quacs said, if you want a set and are concerned that you may not have a chance to get some later, buy them now. At least that way you have peace of mind knowing you got some. Stores obviously have return policies, so if you think they may be around after the fact, bring them back. 

You need to make decisions like this for yourself, don't take other peoples advice as most of the time they will be wrong, also you WILL get people trying to put you off the investment. It the big wide world, like anything you will fall behind if you need your hand held and its time to work it or for yourself.

However, having said that, given that the new marvel wave is due in the spring, I can't not see them stopping making these before then. Recently the first wave of DC sets, excluding catwoman chase, all went aol within a couple of weeks of each other. Smallet sets normally go first, but there is no rule you can always follow. My advice would be to get sets you want when they are at the best price, some sets do get their best discount close to eol, but these could be just the crushed boxes people have returned. Say you wanted 20, amazon have a limit of 5, you can buy more but only after 5 days of dipatchrecepit of item. By which time the sale could be over and other stores, though still discounting the item, you may only get 10% off. This year, I wanted more hulk helicarriers and batmobiles but wanted them at 40% off, i got 3 & 5 at this price respectively. I don't mind about the batmobiles but probably should have got another couple helicarriers. In the end, I decided that with both sets easily available at

You need to make decisions like this for yourself, don't take other peoples advice as most of the time they will be wrong, also you WILL get people trying to put you off the investment. It the big wide world, like anything you will fall behind if you need your hand held and its time to work it or for yourself.

I find this comment to be sanctimonious to "tell" someone to make their own decision. The market is a voting machine and the forum is a microcosm of the market. It is more resourceful to mention what you think of the set than telling somebody else you are better. You might learn something and come up witb some new ideas in the process. People can come on here and BS but that's up for your own interpretation.

• Like 2

My comments are in fact the opposite of sanctimonious. By means that I am telling this member that there are "people" who think they have a superior knowledge over something they don't know. The whole thread is about a set going eol, not what I think about it, many people said the new waves of dc and marvel would be around after Christmas and they were wrong.

Anyway for the record, I do/did actually have a 100% genuine psychic insight regarding Lego. I knew about the introduction of batman Lego back in 2002 and the huge profits to be made, so I could actually say I do have superior knowledge from knowing the future. Contrary to what people saying about when to invest, I started to invest in superheroes at the beginning of the year and it has done me well to do so. The biggest argument we were having was weather the helicarriers would be a good investment given he could be rereleased, as it turned out, he was to e rereleased, just with different coloured pants!

For 14, I don't think you should care if it's going EOL or not. That's a good price to build a position on this set. You like it even better!

Agreed.  At $14 right now, you should tie up a hand full of these regardless of where it is in the lifespan.  The fact that it is a year old already makes it an even better idea.  My personal opinion is that this set will be around at least through summer, there are a lot of Marvel movies coming out.  But if you are bullish and want this set, strike now while the price is probably about the lowest you will ever see it.  War Machine is definitely going to be a hit after this set retires.

Best set for Iron Man MOC's / Hall of Armor building if you ask me.

Edit:  Oh, and Target has a TON of these right now.  They seemed to have stocked heavily on the $20 price point.  This set, Arctic Batman, Spidey/Venom and that awful Superman Pod Escape thing.

I dont understand the point of this post or any other post of yours if this is how you truly feel. This forum is where all of us give and get advice. Sanctimonious is a nicer word than I wouldve used to describe what you sound like. Did your psychic abilities also tell you that posting this was a good idea???

Ok, what?  :blink: The man is asking a question. On a forum. For Lego investing. What is your issue? If you don`t like his question, don`t post. Simple. There is a section on the forums here specifically for EOL determination/guesses/etc. He explained why he didn`t post it there, which is based on the context in which his question was asked. As far as that last bit in bold goes, there are no hands being held or being asked to hold. It`s a perfectly acceptable question for this forum. Obviously that comment was not directed toward me, but that doesn't change the fact that it is highly out of place, out of context, and quite rude given the nature of the thread. 

The care home where my brother is staying recently fractured his arm, what I learned from this was that I was going to have to control my " hulk moments". At end of play last Saturday, the premiership football table read S.m.a.s.s.****. From where Southampton were in the table, reading the first letter downwards, eg, Southampton, man utd, Aston villa,Swansea, stoke, hull. Classic quote " hulk smash"

I am sure the poster is aware that they need to make the final decision on their own, but there is nothing wrong with asking for opinions.  That is what we do here on this forum.  Any good investor needs to do the research, ask questions, look at the data.  The OP is having a discussion.

• Like 1

I totally agree, I have come onto this site many times looking for sets opinions and EOL information. I'm just passing on that I found that i had to have my own strategy, surely there is nothing wrong to point out that you can not rely on information that is unknown, like EOL. The previous marvel sets had a life span of 18 months, 6 months short of what many were predicting, so I have a point, no? If I had taken people's advice on that 24 months life span, I would have missed out.

Re: the original topic of is the extremis set EOL. I think it is just sold out due to Xmas shopping. People are buying up lego faster than it can get to amazon, target, Walmart etc. I think their supply chain just isnt keeping up with demand. My local target and Walmart lego aisles have been raped. All they had were Star Wars sets and chima and some ninjago. Everything else even duplo was almost gone. I expect that a lot of these sets are just temp sold out except for the stuff that we know is going EOL like first wave LOTR and DC superheroes and such.