76006 - Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle

amnesiac

It makes sense that they would be out due to Christmas, it's at a good price point for a gift.

I was also wondering about the Venom set and the Daily Bugle set.  They all have some exclusives in them that I would like to get.

Walmart.com has Extremis at $14 and change, and they have Daily Bugle at $38 and change.  The Venom set is out online.

Since the consensus is that they will be around longer, I may wait.

• 4 months later...

I would be buying this up.  EOL could be sooner rather than later.  I would be afraid of waiting for a discount and missing out completely.  Honestly, if you buy this at $17 or $15 - is it really going to make that much of a difference if you can sell for $40-50?

So, do you think War Machine will draw people to Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle (76006) post EOL?  Is it time to stock-up now or wait for further discounts?

War Machine was the only reason I, myself, purchased the set for my personal collection.  My guess would be that many Iron Man fans will be drawn to it down the line as well.  I've been holding off on buying since a nearby Walmart is notorious for their clearance but I might grab a smaller amount for the $17 Amazon is offering in the next week.  

• Like 2

War Machine was my only reason for getting the set for collection as well. If someone is realy into getting Iron Man and all the suits, they have to get this set. Otherwise, I think the set is kind of useless. I'd grab at least a few. They seem to be cheaper at the moment. The price can only go up,especially if there aren't any other sets released with him when this goes EOL.

• Like 1

War Machine is a cool fig so at this point if you do want some I would start to accumulate sooner rather than later. Will it be enough to drive this set to double MSRP in the near future? I'm not sure. This is a set I want to have some on hand, but not go heavy on. 

The other thing to remember with these $20 SH sets is really go after the ones you think will do well, rather than the ones that are the most extreme discounted. I would rather buy good $20 SH at 25% off MSRP more than mediocre ones at 40% off MSRP.

• 7 months later...