76011 - Batman: Man-Bat Attack

jeff_14

Was pleasantly surprised to see this in the Lego store today, and not surprised to see there was only 1 set left. Naturally I got it and have already listed it hoping to get some diehard buyer who wants it for Christmas. What a fantastic set. I believe the Nightwing and Man-bat figures are originals, and I don't expect them to be reproduced again. And the Bat-copter is kick-ass. This is right up there with the Wolverine Chopper Showdown. No wonder that set is scarce now. This is a direct competitor.

Was pleasantly surprised to see this in the Lego store today, and not surprised to see there was only 1 set left. Naturally I got it and have already listed it hoping to get some diehard buyer who wants it for Christmas. What a fantastic set. I believe the Nightwing and Man-bat figures are originals, and I don't expect them to be reproduced again. And the Bat-copter is kick-ass. This is right up there with the Wolverine Chopper Showdown. No wonder that set is scarce now. This is a direct competitor.

41VK1zEjsRL._SX300_.jpg

Technically Nightwing was in 7785 back in '06 but he was blue... A lot of fans of Batman aren't thrilled with the lack of a motorcycle for Nightwing in this set as well.

'>

Technically Nightwing was in 7785 back in '06 but he was blue... A lot of fans of Batman aren't thrilled with the lack of a motorcycle for Nightwing in this set as well.

Ya, I don`t understand either why there is no motorcycle. C`mon Lego!! That`s a huge part of the character! Honestly the red one looks pretty good, but I still think the blue one is better. I don`t know who decided to take the cycle out though; doesn`t appear to be a smart move. The set is very good, but it would have been nice to have that included. 

What I mean by original is that this version is brand new (ie the red costume). Since they already released a Robin with motorcycle polybag maybe they didn't want to dip into those waters again. Still, I could see a Nightwing and motorbike polybag coming down the pipe in future.

The Batman in the new 76011 Nightwing/Man-Bat set has only been in one other set before, which was the 30160 Batman Jet Ski polybag.  The Batman in 6863 and 6864 has the exact same torso printing as the Batman in 76011 and 30160, however there is a small difference.  The Batman in 76011 and 30160 has a different cowl.

• Like 2

The Batman in the new 76011 Nightwing/Man-Bat set has only been in one other set before, which was the 30160 Batman Jet Ski polybag.  The Batman in 6863 and 6864 has the exact same torso printing as the Batman in 76011 and 30160, however there is a small difference.  The Batman in 76011 and 30160 has a different cowl.

Good eye.

6962833676_01fe69434d_m.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the correction. I'm glad I didn't list them last night.

Good eye.

6962833676_01fe69434d_m.jpg

You know, I've been trying to figure what was the difference between the two exactly and that visual helps immensely. I must say the new cowl does look better, more sleek, and truer to the comic. From your image comparison, I found a couple of my own.

7226405858_0077782201_b.jpg

Lego Batman Cowl 2012 by taddydaddy_ChrisRogers, on Flickr

7226404592_d3a5e8353f_b.jpg

Lego Batman Cowl 2012>Lego Batman Cowl 2012 by taddydaddy_ChrisRogers, on Flickr

Walmart has them in stock here at 19.99.

No other 2014 sets besides the Hobbit sets though.

My Walmart had all the Ninjago sets including Mecha Dragon. Damn, that was a BIG box! I really am trying to fight off the urge of splurging already on those Hobbit sets and some of the other 2014 sets. Patience, I keep telling myself.

My Walmart had all the Ninjago sets including Mecha Dragon. Damn, that was a BIG box! I really am trying to fight off the urge of splurging already on those Hobbit sets and some of the other 2014 sets. Patience, I keep telling myself.

I'm good at resisting those but I have a feeling if all the new Super Heroes stuff was there I would have left with 1 of each for the collection. :blink:

Is that the same man bat from the vampire castle or the cmf?

No, Man-Bat is different.  Here are the differences, mostly subtle.

Man-Bat: Open mouth, blue legs, light colored chest fur, light colored ears

9468 Bat Monster: Closed mouth, dark reddish chest fur (in a different pattern), dark red inner ear coloring.