76011 - Batman: Man-Bat Attack

jeff_14

Those pictures show different batman minfigs, but the ones from the sets are exactly the same. If YOU read the earlier posts you will set that I was one of the ones posting on this topic.  That is why I felt the need to correct this info so others don't make the mistake of selling it as a new cowl or the one from 30160.  The cowl is the same one from 6863/6864 not the 30160.  I just opened one of each set to make sure I didn't mix them up.  The capes are the same too.

Those pictures show different batman minfigs, but the ones from the sets are exactly the same. If YOU read the earlier posts you will set that I was one of the ones posting on this topic.  That is why I felt the need to correct this info so others don't make the mistake of selling it as a new cowl or the one from 30160.  The cowl is the same one from 6863/6864 not the 30160.  I just opened one of each set to make sure I didn't mix them up.  The capes are the same too.

Actually I think you all are both right man:

I believe they changed the cowl mid production. I am trying to find the source but I ran into this. Here is why:

I was parting out 6864. I search for a picture of the batman and got one with the old style cowl and posted it as my picture.

Someone bought it and messaged me saying it was the new style cowl. I searched around and found that the old style cowl was replaced mid production for 6864 and 6863 because it covered the eyes improperly or something. Now the new cowl is in those sets and will only appear if you buy the first production run of those sets.

So soad you are right - now they are exactly the same. I think bricklink just has the old picture. And I part them all out and can confirm you are correct in that they all look exactly alike.

Someone with a source feel free to clean up anything I said.

• 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Don't underestimate small sets that were widespread at one point. Remember the Capt Am and Cat Cyles? They tripled in just over a year. Monster Flighters the same, I have 50 each of Swamp Creatures and Mummies that I hope to get £30 a pair for by next Hallowe'en (£3 each buy-in). If your gut likes a small set, why not buy 10? It won't hurt... much!

Just watch the Batman Penguin Face Off start to climb soon (I have 50 of them too, £4.49 from Sainsbury's last year).

9 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

only thing going for that set (investment wise) are man-bat and nightwing.  once another version of those figs surface, this set will decrease.  having said that, this set 100% has potential for a short-term hold like the Capt Am and Cat Cycle sets.

This Nightwing is variation though. Nightwing is usually black/blue in comics and previous sets but he had a short stint with black/red. That could go a long way for this set.

14 minutes ago, deathofsuperman said:

This Nightwing is variation though. Nightwing is usually black/blue in comics and previous sets but he had a short stint with black/red. That could go a long way for this set.

yep. . plus it's not even the 1st lego nightwing so man-bat is the true exclusive minifig to this set. 

9 minutes ago, jaisonline said: only thing going for that set (investment wise) are man-bat and nightwing.  once another version of those figs surface, this set will decrease.  having said that, this set 100% has potential for a short-term hold like the Capt Am and Cat Cycle sets.

Black/red was the latest version of his costume (New 52). So this is this most recent version.

20 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Black/red was the latest version of his costume (New 52). So this is this most recent version.

True, but I really think the DC cinematic universe will dominate the next 4 years in the DC SH line. That being said, I do not see we will have another Nightwing for a while and if we do, he will most likely be the black/blue variation in the new Ben Affleck solo films

20 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:  

True, but I really think the DC cinematic universe will dominate the next 4 years in the DC SH line. That being said, I do not see we will have another Nightwing for a while and if we do, he will most likely be the black/blue variation in the new Ben Affleck solo films

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Batman-Man-Bat-Attack-76011?p=76011&track=checkprice. Gone

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...