9493 - X-Wing Starfighter

Dbroncoboy

A big one that comes to mind is the Mon Calamari cruiser, which was a TRU exclusive with a MSRP of $110. It still sells for about that now a few years after retirement. 

But even then, if you got in at say 50% off, you'd stand to make a LITTLE money. Not counting the recent "Planets" series, that's about the only regular set I can think of.

Wow that's pretty optimistic.

I never expected this set to do that well.

Yep $150 is just $50 belove the price of the current UCS version.

Funny to see some guys see the 9493 be an extreme winner and some other the UCS a loser, so the UCS will be not that expensive compared to the 9493. Quite impossible if you ask me.

I bought and built the 10240 UCS X-wing and didn't apply the cockpit sticker. The set looks fine without it on. My guess would be that some collectors who want this set for display wouldn't add the cockpit sticker because it's too difficult.

The sticker isn't that hard to put on if you apply it wet like you would with a water slide decal.  It allows you to adjust the sticker while it's on the cockpit piece.  Once dry, it becomes crystal clear.  I think it does add a needed bit of detail to the cockpit.

I only have the UCS model however I do feel that if you got this one at 30% off or more then you will not lose next December. Bundle them with a couple of Ties or some extra minigures and they will sell but I would not expect it to reach double MSRP anytime soon, if ever.

I only have the UCS model however I do feel that if you got this one at 30% off or more then you will not lose next December. Bundle them with a couple of Ties or some extra minigures and they will sell but I would not expect it to reach double MSRP anytime soon, if ever.

I predict that UCS Red 5 will be gone by summer (if not sooner) and no replacement for 9493 will ship in 2015.

With the page up, it may be saying "FREE pickup Not available". Just click on those words, and it will give you a box to put in your zip code to search a 50 mile radius.  Try putting in different zip codes not too far from you.  If it keeps coming up with nothing, they are all sold out near you.

Yep it's a failure just like everyone else told me the tie fighter would be a failure and look where it's already at I'm ignoring all the comments and buying whenever I find them

I don't know that its a failure, but its not the Tie fighter. There have been many more versions of the X-wing - and the last 2-3 did nothing in the after market.

I think this one will do ok just because of where Lego is at. If none ship really next year it will grow well. But for me its a quick gainer, dump early.

If I get $100ish for all the ones I have, I am out.

Edited by DoNotInsertIntoMouth

They're available for pick up but not the online price. I don't like going to Walmart cs to pm not worth it.. They're idiots.

It is not. I hate WM cs. Especially since they started the layaway and shoved that back there with the already understaffed cs department. Picking up a site to store order is always a multi-hour process and I hate it.