LEGO Friends TV series

stephen_rockefeller

We caught an episode a few weeks ago.  Noticed the DVR picked up a new episode yesterday.

My almost 6 year old daughter loves it.  It's not too bad.  There's certainly worse stuff out there.  I'm cool with her watching it.  It's fun to see the buildings and cars made out of LEGO bricks.  And it's fun to recognize some of the sets.  It's clearly a 30 minute commerical, but then again, so was GI Joe and Transformers when I was a kid.

I'm trying to get her into LEGO and into Friends, so I'm okay with this.

Yes, they were running the initial short episodes (about Olivia moving into this new town called Heartlake City) on The Disney Channel at least since last spring. Kind of like filler between scheduled shows. I ended up watching them all on the Lego Friends site, and felt they were rather forced. They made the 5 characters pretty much indistinguishable from each other. Kind of like the newest incarnation of the Strawberry Shortcake series, if anyone has seen that one before. I only caught a bit of the more recent one (the one where they're in high school...and they have a project on dolphins where there's a chance to win a trip...yes, on a yacht...to go dolphin watching), and the characters seemed a little less bland, but it still didn't keep my interest. Definitely not a cartoon I'd enjoy watching with my daughter. You know, the kind that has in jokes for adults.

• 1 year later...

Well for anybody remotely interested, there has been a release to DVD titled "LEGO Friends: Friends Are Forever". You can get a copy at Amazon currently 30% off. I have seen this available at Target in store so maybe check there too. It barely runs an hour & six minutes and basically three of the mini episodes you can watch online together.

91B%2BNlci8rL._SL1500_.jpg

91QLTAn7mcL._SL1500_.jpg

I think this is also available for Netflix streaming. I quickly skipped past it in case my girls saw...:/

Don't know how old your girls are, but my 7 year old loves the series.  It's not teenager angsty type, even though the Friends characters are teenagers.

It's pretty fun to see all the different Lego sets, but I will warn you that it is one long commercial for the line.