3184 - Adventure Camper

derickb81

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eightbrick

Wish I knew a little more about this theme. Its a good enough discount to blind buy, but does anyone have any thoughts on this line/set? Is this set predicted to do well? I know most people seem to talk about the House.

The Friends theme has done well thus far on the aftermarket; according to the CAGR scale it is sitting 36.75% - making it the fourth best theme after Ninjago, Seasonal, and Monster Fighters. The theme is a great way to diversify if you normally invest in the "boy themes". This set in particular is sitting at a negative 5% CAGR right now, because it is available at discount prices widely, but by Christmas it should be retired and enjoying healthy profits. I can see this set in particular hitting 40 either this, or next, winter buying season. Hope that offered a tiny bit of insight for you, Josh!

Thanx! I've been waiting forever for a decent sale on these.

I like the Friends theme more for flipping during the holidays than long term investment. Im not ruling out long term growth, but I dont think these sets are going to have the AFOL bump that other themes benefit from. I do hope I am wrong, but I guess only time will tell. At $19, however, I dont think you can go wrong with grabbing a bunch of these.

Guest eightbrick

Thanks Brian for the advice. Just grabbed 3, you guys convinced me.

Gosh, I really hope they do well now. I'll feel bad if they tank LOL... but they have so much going for them that it is unlikely they will lose value. Was shipping free?

Gosh, I really hope they do well now. I'll feel bad if they tank LOL... but they have so much going for them that it is unlikely they will lose value. Was shipping free?

If they tank, they go to my daughter and the others get used as birthday presents for her friends, so no worries. Besides, we are all responsible people here and make the decision to spend our own cash in the end. So I wouldn't feel guilty about giving advice unless it was intentionally malicious or misleading.

Edit: yeah shipping was free if you got more than 1.