3184 - Adventure Camper

derickb81

Wow--like a frozen apple---you are hard core.  I let this go a month ago as a pricing error.  Didn't bother to follow up, looked like blood/stone.

Yeah, when it comes to this kind of thing, I don't like to play around. It wasn't so much that they didn't have the item in stock, it was more that they were deceptive about the way they went about fixing the problem. I actually would've been fine if they just would've stated that they didn't have as many as they thought they had.

But to get around any potential negative feedback, they stated that "the customer" cancelled the order which kept me from being able to respond to them on the Amazon marketplace - the whole transaction simply disappeared, and the funds were held on my credit card for about 3 days. What probably bothered me most is that they wouldn't take responsibility for the cancellation. Like I said in the other post, I don't expect to get the campers, but at least I have the peace of mind that I held them accountable for their poor service. Growing up I was always held accountable for everything I did, so I guess here I expect the same, especially from a large corporation. 

• 3 months later...

My TRU had a tons there as well (actually this set had 3 separate shelving areas that were filled to the brim, by far the most units on hand for any set) at $25. I passed. Only 3 Minifigs and 2 decent vehicles; 278 pieces, I feel like MSRP should of been more like $30.

I would buy the Batwing at $25 all day.  It is almost certain to retire soon, and I don't see why it won't at least double in value up to $50.  It comes with the cool black Batman and the Joker.  The Joker Henchman has also proven to be very popular on eBay.  Every time I list on at $6, it is gone in the first couple days.  The Batwing is a cool vehicle too.  I think all in all, it is a set that will do well and is worth having in considerable numbers.

I built the Batwing set for my son 2 months ago. It is pretty awesome. Both vehicles are awesome. The minifigs are icing on the cake. Personally, I like this set much better than the Batmobile one.

I agree and for me I think this is the sleeper of the line. Any set with Joker has high appeal and the henchman is sublime. The Tumbler in 76001 is terrible and way too small. The Bat though is excellent, as are the minifigs.

• Like 1

I agree and for me I think this is the sleeper of the line. Any set with Joker has high appeal and the henchman is sublime. The Tumbler in 76001 is terrible and way too small. The Bat though is excellent, as are the minifigs.

After people became acclimated to 76001 due to the chance at getting another Tumbler, 7888 starting raising in price again (after months of declining). People realized just how small the new Tumbler was.

Batwing Over Gothum is one of the rare 2012+ Batman sets that is actually prob better than the Batman 1 original. Just wish it had a ladder and holder for the plane :)

Looking at the coming lego movie trailer, batman seem to be a major role. This could reignite the collection frenzy for batman sets. I particularly like the bat mobile in 2 face chase, the batwing, arctic bat boat and the upcoming bat helicopter. These four bat vehicles seem to be perfect as a complete collection. Air, land and sea vehicles with the signature bat vehicle wings.

As for tumbler, it just doesn't fit in without the prominent bat wing decoration.

So I guess the updated question is this:

Which is the better deal:

Batwings at $25, or Funhouses at $40? Probably the Batwings because its an actual discount over MSRP, yes?

I think you will see more of an immediate return with the Batwing set.  The Funhouse was a really good deal at TRU for between $25-$30 last Saturday 12/7.  We might see that again before the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...