6868 - Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout

TheDarkness

I sol done for 99$ so maybe I was lucky.

I saw one going internationally and bidding at $91 so far. They should just hit the buy it now for $80, but I guess those buy it nows don't ship globally. Too bad for them. When I was in Hong Kong, I saw lots of people scooping up Ironman minifigures hands over fist as if it's a gold rush.

I love selling to someone through the global shipping program.  There's a depot in my shipping region, so it's the cheapest USPS Priority rate for me to ship it there.

I actually like shipping them myself. I don't trust the GSP much anymore as I have had people complain about how long it takes and how expensive the shipping charges are. I can get a lot of stuff first class. I can print he labels and just go to the PO and have them scanned it. So I charge a handling fee. Its still cheaper than GSP for most people so it does really well. On a big shipping day, I am pocketing extra money which I keep around to cover me if something bad happens package wise.

After about 75-100 international shipments, only problem I have ever had is when I forgot to put a piece in a package. lol.

I saw one going internationally and bidding at $91 so far. They should just hit the buy it now for $80, but I guess those buy it nows don't ship globally. Too bad for them. When I was in Hong Kong, I saw lots of people scooping up Ironman minifigures hands over fist as if it's a gold rush.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense. I've got them listed for $90 with multiple global shipping options including ebay's GSP. I think people just get caught up in a single listing rather than searching for the same item.

I love selling to someone through the global shipping program.  There's a depot in my shipping region, so it's the cheapest USPS Priority rate for me to ship it there.

Same here, usually under $6 to ship any priority mail.

I sold one today on eBay for $72 today. Looks like he price has come down a little online comping other sales.

I agree. WIth the new Hulk coming out. I have sold the 2 that I had for $80 w.buyer paying shipping. I don't mind having a purple pant hulk. Some might differ on the brown vs. the purple. But Hulk is still green to me :)

At Christmas time, you should give Amazon FBA a try. People will pay higher prices just because it will be handled by/sold on Amazon. I just sold 2 on Amazon in less than 2 hours at $105 each which means I priced it too low. The lowest now is $108 (the lowest was $98 when I listed it so I wasn't even the lowest to begin with).

After $24 in total fees ($21 in Amazon fees plus $3 to ship it to Amazon), I'm gonna net $81 so I will have doubled my money (paid $40). If you ship it yourself and it's across the country, the shipping charge is more like $15 which takes a big chunk out of your profit.

At Christmas time, you should give Amazon FBA a try. People will pay higher prices just because it will be handled by/sold on Amazon. I just sold 2 on Amazon in less than 2 hours at $105 each which means I priced it too low. The lowest now is $108 (the lowest was $98 when I listed it so I wasn't even the lowest to begin with).

After $24 in total fees ($21 in Amazon fees plus $3 to ship it to Amazon), I'm gonna net $81 so I will have doubled my money (paid $40). If you ship it yourself and it's across the country, the shipping charge is more like $15 which takes a big chunk out of your profit.

shipping charge wont be that high - set with box is only 3 lbs. It is nice, I just hate the lack of control with Amazon. I can't make my own listing and can't add anything special to it. And the fees are so high even though the higher price.

I prefer Ebay where If I make a good enough listing, I come out way better through their fee structure with a store and shipping it myself. High volume, Amazon can be pretty good, but I like having my own Ebay store. Feel like I am more in control.

Guest betsy805

I agree. WIth the new Hulk coming out. I have sold the 2 that I had for $80 w.buyer paying shipping. I don't mind having a purple pant hulk. Some might differ on the brown vs. the purple. But Hulk is still green to me :)

I ditched mine this week for that very reason.  The show my boys watch has Hulk with purple pants, so I know they'd rather that one.

I have sold 10 of the hulk figure from this set in the past four days @ $40 a pop. A good time to be selling these since they are sold out, and demand is high.

Yeah with my original several of these sets I though about parting out the set and just holding the Hulk figure for investment. Not too shabby in terms of a minifigure growth.

Yeah with my original several of these sets I though about parting out the set and just holding the Hulk figure for investment. Not too shabby in terms of a minifigure growth.

With the purple pants Hulk coming out in March. I think this Hulk's value is topped out, or close to it. I don't see people paying $40-50 ea much longer. 

With the purple pants Hulk coming out in March. I think this Hulk's value is topped out, or close to it. I don't see people paying $40-50 ea much longer. 

I think it's yet to peak. Most buyers probably still have yet to hear rumors of a new hulk set. My guess would be $60 as tops in Jan falling to $40-50 until bottoming out as the new ones start hitting ebay.

So, I'm sitting on 12 of these. Average cost ~$39.

Should I:

1. Sell them all NISB?
  2. Sell some/all of the minis/part out?
  3. Some combination of the above?

I know the purple's coming, and likely to be the color of choice going forward...making the brown pants more and more sought after (imho).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Should I:

1. Sell them all NISB?

I know the purple's coming, and likely to be the color of choice going forward...making the brown pants more and more sought after (imho).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Sell most of them in the next 8 weeks. They are HOT right now and you're probably better off ditching them now rather than sitting on them after Christmas/christmas-money shopping season has ended. It will always free up some cash/room for other buys too. You could also hold a few just for kicks and see where the price goes. Honestly I think the new set (minifigures aside) is uglier and simpler than this build so we'll see.

Should I:

1. Sell them all NISB?

Thanks for any thoughts.

The purple pants is overrated, once people get sick of seeing the purple pants, they'll want something different again. That means your brown pants will be skyrocketing. They've only made so many brown pants, they don't grow on trees. The purple pants will be "new" and readily available at blowout prices, the old brown ones, what if they never re-issue these again? It's all speculation, but I'd hold at least 2 sets of these. The cool thing is that you still have Loki, Thor and Hawkeye to dispose of. I'm sure the latter three will remain the same in future sets, but not the Hulk. Adios to the brown pants, then it's going to be "I got the brown pants, you ain't got it" bragging rights.

• Like 1

The purple pants is overrated, once people get sick of seeing the purple pants, they'll want something different again. That means your brown pants will be skyrocketing. They've only made so many brown pants, they don't grow on trees. The purple pants will be "new" and readily available at blowout prices, the old brown ones, what if they never re-issue these again? It's all speculation, but I'd hold at least 2 sets of these. The cool thing is that you still have Loki, Thor and Hawkeye to dispose of. I'm sure the latter three will remain the same in future sets, but not the Hulk. Adios to the brown pants, then it's going to be "I got the brown pants, you ain't got it" bragging rights.

My thinking, exactly... :thumbsup: . Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with my option 3, but keep some in the vault.

My thinking, exactly... :thumbsup: . Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with my option 3, but keep some in the vault.

You have no idea what people pay for hulk figures or collectibles. No more brown pants can lead to $200 per figure. I paid $800USD for a CGC Hulk vs Wolverine comic book and it was only 8.5 graded. This was just 3 years ago. You can't even lay a finger on a 6.0 graded at $800USD today.

With this figure, we are talking about the now, in 5 yrs, how many will be telling themselves "I should've held onto that brown pants, can't find it anywhere!"

• Like 1

It may stunt the growth a little but Why would a hulk fan only want one?

Its weird everyone seems to be acting like people can only choose one. So the other will be more sought after, does that mean this one isn't good? I mean how many Luke Skywalkers, or Han Solos, or Boba Fetts are there?

If you're a marvel fan, you'll know what it's like.

There are thousands of comics, but why did I choose to buy issue 181 of the incredible hulk and issue 340. There are over 500 issues of the hulk? Why those two? :) Look them up. You're in a different ballgame when dealing with marvel. It's not just Lego when it comes to marvel.