10030 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2002)

Danny

I am always emailing eBay members but never does a new gray version of this set come up. I'm looking for a used set, not new. Willing to pay $500 for pieces only, +$15 for unused sticker, +$20 with box, +$50 with manual. Shipping included in my offer. Anyone here have this set in the 2005 newer grays for sale?

I am always emailing eBay members but never does a new gray version of this set come up. I'm looking for a used set, not new. Willing to pay $500 for pieces only, +$15 for unused sticker, +$20 with box, +$50 with manual. Shipping included in my offer.

Anyone here have this set in the 2005 newer grays for sale?

what are "newer grays"? Not familiar.....

what are "newer grays"? Not familiar.....

In 2003/2004 somewhere, Lego changed the light and dark grey to a new bluish grey. I personally like the newer grey much more than the older, didn't realize that 10030 was made in both versions.

I see, thanks! How can you tell without opening the box and inspecting the pieces?

My only guess would be that there are different dates printed on the box, but like I said, the possibility that there were 2 versions is new info to me. I suppose a guy could bricklink the parts in new grey if that is what you wanted.

EDIT: Ok, after looking up the set, since it was made in 2002, the only new grey version a guy is going to find is one that was bricklinked, or custom built. This set was a few years away from the newer colors, so I highly doubt lego made this set in both versions.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sealed bags instruction manual but no box - worth $600?

I'd build it out, but was hoping for something closer to $500-$550

What do you guys think?

Original sealed shipping plastic bags? Probably yes. You can buy a box and inner boxes in good condition and sell the whole thing for $900+ if you want to sell it. To just build one, maybe a cheaper used set could be found.

• 4 months later...

I shouldn't have hesitated. I was just so surprised it was that cheap. I was making sure not a scam.

I was just gonna buy it build. But it will be nice resale as well.

I spent a couple seconds doing the same.. I even went and checked the price guide lol but I guess I got lucky!

Not sure if I will sell or build now...

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 10030 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2002)