10030 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2002)

Danny

Good.  I know it's hard to fight that 1% chance that it's real, but it's just that, a 1% chance. There was a 10030/10179 on our local Craigslist about a month ago.  I emailed to check it out and they were suddenly from Indiana and that the kids posted the listing. Ha.  Amazing it was only crickets when I told them I'd only do a face to face transaction.

Good.  I know it's hard to fight that 1% chance that it's real, but it's just that, a 1% chance. There was a 10030/10179 on our local Craigslist about a month ago.  I emailed to check it out and they were suddenly from Indiana and that the kids posted the listing. Ha.  Amazing it was only crickets when I told them I'd only do a face to face transaction.

Ha! Yes well familiar with that idiot. Posted to San Diego CL, contacted, they had the same story, but was located in Ohio.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

How much does a missing box effect the price of this set?  I have one I purchased when working at Lego in Enfield Ct.  the company store sold damaged sets for sometimes more than 1/2 off.  My star destroyer 10030 had a missing outside box but all inside boxes and bags are intact along with instruction manual. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Enzos mom said:

How much does a missing box effect the price of this set?  I have one I purchased when working at Lego in Enfield Ct.  the company store sold damaged sets for sometimes more than 1/2 off.  My star destroyer 10030 had a missing outside box but all inside boxes and bags are intact along with instruction manual. 

IMO, having a new 10030 w/o the box puts you in a sweet spot (as it is ideal for someone who is looking to build a new one, while also being able to save them a couple hundred dollars+). 

Prices on rare sets can fluctuate, but when you look to sell - you can price it just under the lowest priced new & sealed one w/ the box (on whichever selling platform you use), and expect to get some nice offers from those who don't care about (or realize the value) of the outer box.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2015 at 0:50 AM, oneknightr said:

Here you go DarthBley. The first picture shows the size comparison between the ISD and the Death Star. More importantly, it shows the difference in color between the old grey of the ISD and the new grey in the Death Star. The last three pictures were taken in the order of front to back. Sorry, I was too lazy to take off all four panels to display the framework better. 

As you can see, I created several big brackets using four 1x4's, four  1x2 technics (one hole and two holes) and four technic pins. I also placed a bunch of 2x10, 2x6, etc plates on the top and bottom of the main spine of the frame. All these extra pieces help keep the main spine (for lack of a better word) from sagging/bending. Since I used whatever color pieces I had laying around, it's not pretty, but it does the trick. It's inside anyway, so you can't see it when the panels are in place. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

On 5/5/2015 at 0:52 AM, oneknightr said:

Here are the other two pics of my mods.

Hi oneknight I'm picking up my 10030 ISD tommorow but I can't see the pictures anymore on the site so could you reupload them? Need some help with examples how to solve it :D Thanks!

Edited by hunta1337

1 hour ago, hunta1337 said:

Hi oneknight I'm picking up my 10030 ISD tommorow but I can't see the pictures anymore on the site so could you reupload them? Need some help with examples how to solve it :D Thanks!

5th post down by lowhead has some good pics of an ISD mod

http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24824&sid=d5d519827b0ae8692b7f71a31b046c46

On 3/28/2017 at 3:07 PM, MarleyMoose said:

5th post down by lowhead has some good pics of an ISD mod

http://www.fbtbforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24824&sid=d5d519827b0ae8692b7f71a31b046c46

I can't seem to find my pics but the ones in the link provided by MarleyMoose is pretty much what I did but I added a lot more of the blue and grey "brackets" and 2x8 (or smaller) plates. I figured more couldn't hurt.

• 4 months later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to 10030 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2002)
  • 2 years later...

Just searching for a solution to the sagging issue on 10030 and came across this forum folks,

Mine has been through several moves and has remained built after freshly completing initial assembly in April of 2009. I do recall one plate being substituted from factory by a darker grey for some reason which is still in the vessel. It has remained assembled for the past fourteen years with only one minor mishap where I returned home after the wife had revealed she disrupted it. A very brief patch job to make the ship whole again and the set continued on for one final move to our current abode. Only recently I identified that the Lego is cracked along it's main spine about eight inches from the front. 

Will ensure on it's first clean/rebuild that I craft some additional supports as the main technic beams have cracked which ultimately sags the entire vessel and prevents the magnets from retaining the lower panels. It appears from my original build photographs that the 1x4 technic bricks and plates can simply be replicated all along the main spine... so will see how that solves the issue.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/QsCXR1j

Wish me luck!