21010 - Robie House

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

​The following are all retired sets from at least 2014 (or earlier) and I would like to know which of these are disappointments?

21000 - Sears Tower - 27%
21001 - John Hancock - 28%
21004 - Guggenheim - 17%
21007 - Rockefeller - 15%
21008 - Burj Khalifa - 26%
21010 - Robie House - 15%
21016 - Sungnyemun - 60% (I don't believe the spike)

For more recently retired sets, I think that Farnsworth and Villa Savoie will struggle, Sydney Opera House and Brandenburg Gate will perform ok, and Empire State building and Fallingwater will perform well.

​Thanks for the list! So, except Sungnyemun the rest grew about 25% on average... well, I do call this disappointing when compared to the other investment opportunities you maybe let pass for these sets. I mean, right after EOL one would expect a first bump and then constant growth from there. But nothing of a bump to be seen here. Btw I was talking more from a EU perspective. And form what I have seen Robie House has a significantly bigger growth there compared to most other sets listed, hence my question. I guess Architecture will remain explicitely under the label "buy low, way to go!". Personally I'll stay away from those.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's now 2016 and does this set still sell well? I currently have a few who sell them below retail price in my country. Sealed and with boxes in mint condition.

Edited by Arkibal
added country in my sentence

4 hours ago, Arkibal said:

It's now 2016 and does this set still sell well? I currently have a few who sell them below retail price in my country. Sealed and with boxes in mint condition.

It is hard to say how the Frank Lloyd Wright designs will sell in the Philippines, but I just sold one on Amazon USA for $550.  It should be a solid pickup at retail no matter where you are.

2 hours ago, belljohn said:

It is hard to say how the Frank Lloyd Wright designs will sell in the Philippines, but I just sold one on Amazon USA for $550.  It should be a solid pickup at retail no matter where you are.

Amazing! I wish I can sell thru amazon. I think I can sell mine at ebay never tried it though. Thank you for the info.

2 hours ago, Gonkalin said:

If you don't want them, give me their contact info. I'll take all of them off his/her hands.

Well I am having second thoughts at the moment I might just get one. I can give their contact thru pm but knowing that a foreigner would be willing to buy a lego set overseas, they might just increase the price. 

46 minutes ago, Arkibal said:

Amazing! I wish I can sell thru amazon. I think I can sell mine at ebay never tried it though. Thank you for the info.

Well I am having second thoughts at the moment I might just get one. I can give their contact thru pm but knowing that a foreigner would be willing to buy a lego set overseas, they might just increase the price. 

Or you can buy one and list it on Brickclassifieds here with a reasonable shipping cost.  I am guessing that you could get a sale at $350-400 including shipping to the US or Asia.  If that works out, then you can buy the other.

50 minutes ago, belljohn said:

Or you can buy one and list it on Brickclassifieds here with a reasonable shipping cost.  I am guessing that you could get a sale at $350-400 including shipping to the US or Asia.  If that works out, then you can buy the other.

I was looking thru Brickclassified saw someone selling it around $350.

I was thinking listing it for $300-350 but I am not sure how much air freight or shipping would cost me to get it US.

Btw I appreciate the information and help belljohn.

1 hour ago, Bags751 said:

I would gladly take one of those off their hands.

If I am able to successfully sell one I'll give a nice price just for you.

Edited by Arkibal

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Adobo said:

I currently have four of these sets and was thinking selling it on Brickclassified. How long before you guys were able to sell it?

I have had mine listed on Brickclassifieds for at lest 9 months with no takers.  Of course other sellers have undercut my price by a little (no hard feelings).  On Amazon (For sale By Amazon) it took my listing 2 weeks in the "Buy It Box" to sell, but the volume and eyes there are much higher than BC.  I think it all comes down to price.  The lower it is, the faster it will sell.  If you have 4, then you can list 1 a little lower to test the market and raise your price as you have more data and sales to work with.  Brickclassifieds is still growing, and it appears to me the most sales are really good deals, meaning much cheaper than any other marketplace.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...