10144 - UCS: Sandcrawler

bibious

Well its a dangerous thing when you search eBay Lego Star Wars ending soonest... Just ended up buying a used but complete Lego Sandcralwer 10144 for 291 all in. The set is USED but includes all pieces with box/manuals and decals on sheets (never applied.) I know i overpaid but really looking forward to building it and displaying it for a while; hopefully can resell down the road for a profit ?

Well its a dangerous thing when you search eBay Lego Star Wars ending soonest...

Just ended up buying a used but complete Lego Sandcralwer 10144 for 291 all in.

The set is USED but includes all pieces with box/manuals and decals on sheets (never applied.)

I know i overpaid but really looking forward to building it and displaying it for a while; hopefully can resell down the road for a profit ?

Great set - you paid a fair price. You get to build it (don't apply the stickers, keep them new), enjoy it, & sell it sometime down the road. If Lego does release another one, it will very likely pale in comparison to this one (unless they do a UCS one) - Enjoy the set!

• 6 months later...

Thanks for posting, not a bad deal if someone wants it.  I'm still holding out hope that this is one of the sets they eventually reissue.

Agreed!   I've been waiting one for a long time so I purchased one last month and then another for an investment (the very dirty one I posted about).

If / when Lego refreshes it, i hope it is the same size as 10144 (unlike what they did w/ the newer Sail Barge).

• 3 months later...

It appears we'll be getting a refresh. No official confirmation but we'll know soon enough with Toy fair around the corner.

The Sail Barge was the first Star Wars refresh I've experienced since investing and it hasn't been pretty. Take a look at the price recent price reports from BP and Bricklink (pics attached). There's little demand for it. Sad thing is that 75020 isn

post-3743-0-03264500-1388605696.jpg

post-3743-0-76583400-1388605790_thumb.jp

Sold my used copy for this very reason.  It's bound to be better than the original and while most won't know a new one is coming out is the best time to dump them, in my mind at least. I was more than happy to sell for $250 and will probably be able to get the new one for that price, with updated everything.  Can't wait.

Unfortunately, I do not have an original Sandcrawler.  I wish I did, but I do not. I mostly agree with what you are saying about the remake of this set. The demand will go down and so will the price. It may be a good time to unload it before the new one is released this spring.

Sold my used copy for this very reason. It's bound to be better than the original and while most won't know a new one is coming out is the best time to dump them, in my mind at least. I was more than happy to sell for $250 and will probably be able to get the new one for that price, with updated everything. Can't wait.

New isn't always better. It just means it will be different. Usually the minifigs are improved but the overall set design is hit or miss. While Jabba's Palace and the Skiff sets were great refreshes, the current Sail Barge is "meh".

Most people will just buy the current available one at retail (or less). Save a ton of money and it's a much easier purchase also. This, demand for the older one declines.

Unfortunately, I do not have an original Sandcrawler.  I wish I did, but I do not. I mostly agree with what you are saying about the remake of this set. The demand will go down and so will the price. It may be a good time to unload it before the new one is released this spring.

I assume this means you won't be in the market for my used complete one :)