Target vs. Kmart...LOL

terrymc4677

I went to Kmart today to have them price match their online price of $15 on 60003, fire emergency. They had two on the shelf and matched them with no problems when I showed them the online price on my phone. Great deal! Well, there is a target about two miles away that I decided to stop in at and try my luck with a price match. They also had two on the shelf. I took them up to the customer service desk as I have done a few other times with other sets. I politely asked for a price match and told them it was Kmart online, which is also offering free store pickup. The CS lady said that they do not price match Kmart. They only match their own website, walmart, bestbuy, amazon, and one other place I can't remember (but not Kmart). I asked why they don't match Kmart, especially when at this particular location it is only a few blocks away. Her reply was that target does not consider Kmart a competitor! LOL

Things sure have gotten bad for Kmart, when a store only a few blocks away doesn't even acknowledge their existence anymore! I showed her the screenshot on my phone and my Kmart receipt just so she knew I wasn't trying to pull a fast one, so she had her manager come over and basically tell me the same thing, only she couldn't keep a straight face as she was explaining it to me...LOL.

No big deal. I tried.

Yeah, it is pretty funny but is the truth. I initially thought it was odd they price match with most everyone including Amazon but not Kmart.

They only match their own website, walmart, bestbuy, amazon, and one other place I can't remember (but not Kmart).

Toys R Us is the last competitor on the list they price match with.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...