LORD OF THE RINGS - Second Wave in 2013

A news post on The Brick Fan found some info on EuroBricks about a second wave for LORD OF THE RINGS coming in March of 2013. There will be a total of eight sets, so far info for only three have popped up.

Lord of the Rings Second Wave (March)

Bridge of Khazam Had $40

Includes: Gandalf and a brick-built Balrog

291 pieces

Treebeard Encounter $60

Includes: Merry, Pippin, an Orc, and a brick-built Treebeard

583 pieces

The Betrayal of Isengard $100

Includes: Gandalf, Saruman, five Orcs, and the Palantir.

1034 pieces

After hearing much of the disappointment people here are having with next year's offerings, maybe these will be something to look forward. (Otherwise, I guess you're s*** out of luck!) The fact that there will be eight makes one think that perhaps three of them will be store 'exclusives'. (Hopefully not Toys R Us, cause then we're so boned.)

A Brick Built Balrog, and a Brick Built Treebeard! Cannot wait! Maybe they'll also do a Brick Built Oliphant! Fingers crossed. I wonder what the Betrayal at Isengard set will look like at that large. Maybe it will be the "throne" room where they have their wizards' duel in FotR.

I agree. The one issue with almost all of the LOTR sets, unlike STAR WARS sets that have vehicles, is that they are all "scenes" from the movie and sometimes look incomplete or underwhelming. Not too many vehicles in the movie or interesting stand alone features to make interesting sets. Maybe a couple of busts would work well, or some larger character replicas like the new Marvel and DC Superheroes.

A Brick Built Balrog, and a Brick Built Treebeard! Cannot wait! Maybe they'll also do a Brick Built Oliphant! Fingers crossed. I wonder what the Betrayal at Isengard set will look like at that large. Maybe it will be the "throne" room where they have their wizards' duel in FotR.

I think "Betrayal at Ishengard" will be the wizards duel (kinda hoping it is).

Can't wait to get that first one, just so I can do the "You shall not PASS!!" scene, haha!

The one issue with almost all of the LOTR sets, unlike STAR WARS sets that have vehicles, is that they are all "scenes" from the movie and sometimes look incomplete or underwhelming. Not too many vehicles in the movie or interesting stand alone features to make interesting sets. Maybe a couple of busts would work well, or some larger character replicas like the new Marvel and DC Superheroes.

Agreed. All of the LORD OF THE RINGS sets are scenes, just like many of the other movie licensed themes, really.

I guess it all depends on just how much you love the films. I don't see LEGO redesign any of the LORD OF THE RINGS or THE HOBBIT sets ever (despite sales), so buy them before them before they go.

Cause when they're gone, they're GONE!

I very sure this theme will be collectible down the road.