71006 - The Simpsons House

Jeff Mack

The Simpsons House  

549 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about The Simpsons House?

• Love it!
    • Could be better.
    • Hate it.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. How do you feel about investment potential?

• It's a winner!
    • It's okay.
    • It stinks.
  3. 3. Are you interested to see more sets for The Simpsons?

• Yes, please!
    • No, thank you.
    • Couldn't care less.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Knowing your luck, it´s safe to say SH will be an easy double RRPer within a year!

I hope it is, but £92 profit each will do me (I swapped them with Pet Shops). This could still tank like the Pet Shop did ;-)

If SH reaches 2x then Yellow Sub will hit 2.5x.

Edited by TabbyBoy
Crap iPad keyboard

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It’s performed well on Amazon for the duration of its existence, and it’s never been more than Limit 1 in the Lego store. Ever. If it was such a poor seller, wouldn’t Lego have made it Limit 5 to get rid of them? Or put them on sale like the Batcave?  I simply do not understand why people thought this set was such a bomb, and I have loads of them. I just wish I’d picked up more Kwik-E-Marts.

The Simpsons is one of the most popular and enduring franchises in history, and is beloved all over the globe. Hell, there’s even an entire Simpsons theme park at Universal Studios Hollywood. This one was a no-brainer for me.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Val-E said:

It´s actually a lot like you. It retires and unretires every 2 days!

LOL - just a slight exaggeration!

I never did really retire, I just took a nice long break and came back stronger/leaner/meaner, well recommended. However, I won't need to look for a proper job again. Only one person tells me what to do and that is my Tabby's Daddy ;-)

BTW... 71006 ain't done, I popped into Smyths in Farnborough and Reading this morning, both have 71006 on the shelves which I didn't see last week. They were high up so I didn't get the seal codes... I assume 01S8 ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

LOL - just a slight exaggeration!

I never did really retire, I just took a nice long break and game back stronger/leaner/meaner, well recommended. However, I won't need to look for a proper job again. Only one person tells me what to do and that is my Tabby's Daddy ;-)

BTW... 71006 ain't done, I popped into Smyths in Farnborough and Reading this morning, both have 71006 on the shelves which I didn't see last week. They were high up so I didn't get the seal codes... I assume 01S8 ;-)

Some Smyths sites still have random stock that website no longer lists. 

12 hours ago, johnwray said:

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It’s performed well on Amazon for the duration of its existence, and it’s never been more than Limit 1 in the Lego store. Ever. If it was such a poor seller, wouldn’t Lego have made it Limit 5 to get rid of them? Or put them on sale like the Batcave?  I simply do not understand why people thought this set was such a bomb, and I have loads of them. I just wish I’d picked up more Kwik-E-Marts.

The Simpsons is one of the most popular and enduring franchises in history, and is beloved all over the globe. Hell, there’s even an entire Simpsons theme park at Universal Studios Hollywood. This one was a no-brainer for me.

I am a huge simpsons fan and have 15 of these stashed but even I am surprised because the set had a pretty abysmal sales rank and simpsons minifigures haven't been setting the world on fire. 

i think what has saved this set is all the trash-talking that went on about how the simpsons is a washed up theme/idea and came out during the general trend away from larger sets.   

with a decently low seller count, already outperforming other $200 turds like ToO, Tumbler and Red5.  100% focused on AFOL.  I have a dozen bought with vip and promoms and last 3 with ebay bux to cushion to the blow.  here's hoping we finally have a $200 set that makes it to 2x msrp besides TH.  here's hoping its not another post -EOL reseller fueled short-lived bump.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, cladner said:

I am a huge simpsons fan and have 15 of these stashed but even I am surprised because the set had a pretty abysmal sales rank and simpsons minifigures haven't been setting the world on fire. 

i think what has saved this set is all the trash-talking that went on about how the simpsons is a washed up theme/idea and came out during the general trend away from larger sets.   

with a decently low seller count, already outperforming other $200 turds like ToO, Tumbler and Red5.  100% focused on AFOL.  I have a dozen bought with vip and promoms and last 3 with ebay bux to cushion to the blow.  here's hoping we finally have a $200 set that makes it to 2x msrp besides TH.  here's hoping its not another post -EOL reseller fueled short-lived bump.

There is hope for Angry Birds.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, richiej1979 said:

I think the main thing driving both the house and the Kwik E Mart is probably the quality of the sets rather than the Simpson's theme.

Agree with this, i wasn't a fan at all until i actually went and built them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, where has the information come from that it’s been a poor seller? I’ve been monitoring it on Amazon, and it’s always sold extremely well, beating out most of the other sets at its price point. Here’s a comparison of the Simpsons house and Tumbler. Note the Y-axis. For most of its existence, TSH crushed the Tumbler, usually ranking 17,500 or better. That puts it on par with the UCS Slave I. The Tumbler was more like 72,000 or better, and TSH didn’t drop to 72,000 even once! The worst it did was 62,000, whereas the worst the Tumbler did was 196,000!

Comparing TSH to dozens of other sets that were hoarded like crazy yields similar results, so why has everyone been calling it a lousy seller? Am I misreading the graphs?

CD64683B-95B5-4E6D-A533-3C41E819CE15.jpeg