Purdue Pete CUUSOO

I guess I am a little confused on the whole Idea of CUUSOO. So once it gets 10,000 suporters then what? Does it go to production for retail sale? The reason why I ask is because all the hype about Purdue Pete reaching 10,000 in just a few days. Is it on its way to retail shelves? I for one have no interest in this, and I imagine that few people outside Purdue students or Alumni would either. I am an Arizona State graduate so you can see why this does not interest me in the slightest.

I guess I am a little confused on the whole Idea of CUUSOO. So once it gets 10,000 suporters then what? Does it go to production for retail sale? The reason why I ask is because all the hype about Purdue Pete reaching 10,000 in just a few days. Is it on its way to retail shelves? I for one have no interest in this, and I imagine that few people outside Purdue students or Alumni would either. I am an Arizona State graduate so you can see why this does not interest me in the slightest.

Once a project gets 10k supporters, it waits in line to be reviewed by the LEGO Jury during each review quarter. CUUSOO has a blog explaining how the review process works. Purdue Pete won't be hitting the shelves anytime soon and probably won't because it won't be feasible for LEGO to produce it in my opinion since like you said, there won't be many people interested in it.

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/the-quarterly-lego-review-how-does-it-work

Once a project gets 10k supporters, it waits in line to be reviewed by the LEGO Jury during each review quarter. CUUSOO has a blog explaining how the review process works. Purdue Pete won't be hitting the shelves anytime soon and probably won't because it won't be feasible for LEGO to produce it in my opinion since like you said, there won't be many people interested in it.

http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/the-quarterly-lego-review-how-does-it-work

awesome thanks for the link!!

I don't think we'll be seeing the Purdue Pete any time soon, but the idea of college/sports mascots could be one that Lego could explore. I'm sure that there are teams that would sell very well if they could get the licensing rights. Who wouldn't want their team mascot in Lego sitting on the shelf?

Purdue Pete received 10,000 supporters and now the CUUSOO idea is in LEGO's "review phase". In this process, LEGO takes models/ideas from CUUSOO that have achieved the 10,000 vote mark and reviews them and then eventually will decided their fate (whether the idea will become a official LEGO product or whether it will be rejected). LEGO CUUSOO reviews usually take up to 6 months (or more). I don't think that the Purdue Pete model will be hitting shelves as it won't be that popular with non-Purdue fans.....To find out more about the CUUSOO review process, go here: http://legocuusoo.posterous.com/the-quarterly-lego-review-how-does-it-work. I hope this helped you! ;)

If they could scale these down to a size where the price point would be $20-$30, I think these would be huge sellers. If they started with the big schools, they would be very successful. Can you imagine mascot minifigures? I can't imagine it would cost them more than their agreements with Lucasfilm, Marvel, DC, et al... In reality, I would think it would cost them much less. On a similar note, has anyone seen the minifigures that OYO is selling for Major League Baseball? They're pretty cool, if overpriced.