What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...

I had purchased a bulk tote of Lego from Craigslist a few weeks ago, when I finally got through it all I had 28lb lego - sold for $130 to a local bricklinker 96 minifigs - sold on ebay for $110 bunch of baseplates - sold on ebay for $50 Turned my $80 investment into $300 without a whole lot of effort, mainly sorting and cleaning and putting minifigs back together correctly. My son kept a couple printed pieces, and I kept a couple old Wild West Indians/Cavalry so we were all happy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold my 7946 Kingdoms King's Castle for $225 shipped. Bought about 6 months ago for $150. Not a huge gain, but got a really nice used one in a Craigslist lot for really cheap and decided to keep it and let my son play with it and sell the NIB one. Have also sold a fair amount of minifigures my son didn't want anymore as well.

Not sure if set, but i did sell Forest maiden CMF series 9 for about 7$ today, factory sealed... pretty cool gains considering i can still find them in local shops for 3.10$

Which local shops? I still haven't found these at Wal-Mart or Target. (I know Wal-Mart never seems to get them but Target should have already. Bah!) I have heard that someone found some at a Five-Below store, and have been meaning to check the nearest (and only) one out.

Not too bad of a sale by the way.

And yes, even the MINIFIGURES are considered sets. If a Batman Visual Dictionary can....

Now that my Bricklink orders finally got here, I can get some more used sets sold. I recently sold a pair of 7675 AT/TE's for $175. One was missing a couple figures and stickers, but they were very nice. Also sold a AT/AP without anything else for about $30. Up next will be a Jedi Starfighter w/ Hyper Ring, 6209 Slave I, castle sets 6080, 6074, and 6061. Should bring a nice payday after spending very little on them.

I am also thinking of selling my 7661.....how much are you expecting to get out of it??

Not much, $25 or $30. I don't have the figures for it, or the instructions. It was part of a lot from craigslist that I got for $80. It included King's Castle 7946, 7661(jedi starfighter), 6209(slave i), 7671(at/ap), 7675(at/te) and some other Fantasy Era little sets that I kept just for the figures as I like my little Crown army. All in all, I'll turn it into a couple hundred dollars, which is generally my goal with these lots.

I technically sold a Black Pearl through ebay today. I have to cancel it out though, a buyer with zero feedback from South Africa that wasn't paying attention the auction said US only. I'm not sure why Ebay lets people even attempt a purchase when the terms say the item isn't leaving the country.

I technically sold a Black Pearl through ebay today. I have to cancel it out though, a buyer with zero feedback from South Africa that wasn't paying attention the auction said US only. I'm not sure why Ebay lets people even attempt a purchase when the terms say the item isn't leaving the country.

I do not sell internationally because of the hassle and have all the settings on ebay set accordingly. Int'l bidders will still be able to sneak through for some reason. Anyway, I was able to sell my 6080 King's Castle that I got off Craigslist for $175+shipping. Still hoping someone jumps on the 6074 and 6061 soon too.

You can set up a listing to exclude certain countries from being able to bid on your listings.

You can set up a listing to exclude certain countries from being able to bid on your listings.

Yep this is correct. In order to exclude certain countries, etc. do the following:

1.) login to your ebay account

2.) go to account, and then let your mouse hover over the Account tab, a drop down menu will open, click on Site Preferences.

3.) in Site Preferences you will see Selling Preferences, and then under that you will see Shipping Preferences. Click on on the tab Show under Shipping Preferences and then click edit where it says Exclude shipping locations from your listings. Once you are done editing this section be sure to click apply. You should be good from there, hope this helps!

I'm going to be much more careful about my listings and make sure I only accept buyers from US only. I really wish ther was a way to exclude buyers with less than (5) feedback.

While I can see your point, I have 5 feedback, i came to Ebay late, I was selling only on bricklink until last years X-mas. I came on Ebay 0 feedback, purchased 3 things (or was it 4) all paid instantly as invoiced and all went perfect given positive feedback.

How would I otherwise get feedback if everyone says not 5+ cannot purchase at my auction?

Well in my experience a good buyer should always check if the seller ships the product to the country in question. If the seller didn't include your country in the shipping list, don't bid unless you ask for permission first. I know as a fact that by talking to people you can acomplish a lot. I bought plenty of stuff from people who didn't offer international shipping by asking them if they are willing to ship it outside their country. So it all comes down to communication - if you have your manners and wits you won't go bidding on something that is out of reach. When you communicate with the seller/buyer you can solve almost every problem.

Well in my experience a good buyer should always check if the seller ships the product to the country in question. If the seller didn't include your country in the shipping list, don't bid unless you ask for permission first.

I know as a fact that by talking to people you can acomplish a lot. I bought plenty of stuff from people who didn't offer international shipping by asking them if they are willing to ship it outside their country.

So it all comes down to communication - if you have your manners and wits you won't go bidding on something that is out of reach. When you communicate with the seller/buyer you can solve almost every problem.

Yes, this is correct. If a buyer, especially Canada due to proximity, asks about buying and they agree to my shipping costs, I have no problem sending there, or many other places. Problem is most want the cheapest shipping possible and then I'm at risk when they scam me. Due to this, I have just ended it altogether to save the hassle. Yes, I may lose a bidder here or there because of it, but I know I will be much safer staying in the States.

As for feedback, I try not to discriminate on low feedback because there are always new bidders out there that have just discovered Ebay or just became old enough to have been given permission to shop online by their parents. I have issues with non-payers no matter what their feedback, but it is definitely worse with low feedback buyers.

Yes, this is correct. If a buyer, especially Canada due to proximity, asks about buying and they agree to my shipping costs, I have no problem sending there, or many other places. Problem is most want the cheapest shipping possible and then I'm at risk when they scam me. Due to this, I have just ended it altogether to save the hassle. Yes, I may lose a bidder here or there because of it, but I know I will be much safer staying in the States.

As for feedback, I try not to discriminate on low feedback because there are always new bidders out there that have just discovered Ebay or just became old enough to have been given permission to shop online by their parents. I have issues with non-payers no matter what their feedback, but it is definitely worse with low feedback buyers.

I forseen easy fix for Ebay non-payment problems.

Simple make in Order to bud you transfer money to Ebay or money is frozen on paypal account and then if you win automatically can be spent ONLY for the item you won + shipping payment.

Or something in lines of that

Yep this is correct. In order to exclude certain countries, etc. do the following:

1.) login to your ebay account

2.) go to account, and then let your mouse hover over the Account tab, a drop down menu will open, click on Site Preferences.

3.) in Site Preferences you will see Selling Preferences, and then under that you will see Shipping Preferences. Click on on the tab Show under Shipping Preferences and then click edit where it says Exclude shipping locations from your listings. Once you are done editing this section be sure to click apply. You should be good from there, hope this helps!

Done and done.

Thanks for the helpful tutorial friend!

• 3 weeks later...

Sold:

HP Diagon Alley (10217) - purchase price $119.92

HP The Lab (30111) - $4.23

HP Mini Hogwarts (40028) - $5.30

HP Freeing Dobby (4736) - $5.35

HP Hogwart's Castle (4842) - $109.99

HP Forbidden Forest (4865) - $16.99

HP Battle for Hogwart's (4867) - $47.92

Total when purchased - $309.70

Sold for $550 to an individual, minus shipping.

That's a nice ROI, what was the time frame? Under a year?