What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
11 hours ago, Ciglione said:

I am saying that Lego produced a crapload of sets the last years. When there is too much to choose from it will be very difficult for a set to become a winner.

Myself I like the set. But I like most lego train sets. I just think there were more trains offered on the secondary market than there are lego train fanatics.

Ofcourse you did well with the train. No one can deny that. But was it due to your buy-in or due to demand?

The low buy in is always my trademark. 

I'm really bad at guessing which sets will be true hits, so i make sure my buys are always 10% or more below the cheapest seller in Bricklink. (Which randomly means 25% cheaper than ebay listings) This way I can always dump sets and still break even at worst. (DS, TB, friends, I'm looking at you...)

Bac to that cargo train, i managed to clear a shelf in a big dept store and score 15. They all went relatively fast. So a succes. Demand is higher than my average lotr or recent creater/modular. 

Take care

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

The 10218 Pet Shop bought at RRP will yield approx. £10 profit in the UK on eBay now which ain't bad for a set that some retailers still have on shelves. There's also an unconfirmed sale on eBay for £200 today. It's doing better than I thought as I reckoned it would take a year to pass RRP.

10218 Pet Shop is already being sold for €180 cash on the Dutch Marktplaats site, and more sellers are now offering at €200 with bold ones even go up to €250. At €150 RRP that's definitely above RRP ! :) 

Either this is a typical post-EOL bump and those buyers are (dumb) LEGO resellers hoping to cash in on a future profit, or there are more AFOLS still wanting this set for their own builds and only now realise they want it. 

Guest TabbyBoy

Unworn Lester T-Shirt size XL from Store opening for £30 cash - cost £9.99.

Shop/24-in-1/soldier/passport/stickers for £100 cash - cost £0.00.

Found let another 10240 Red 5 in the warehouse but found the box damaged, sold for £150 cash - £19.99 loss (glad it's gone and I really have none left this time!)

10x 10197 Fire Brigades for £2000.00 cash - cost £89.90 (10% off at JL)

10214 Tower Bridge in damaged box for £145 cash - break even.

21101 Hayabusa for £120 cash - £75 profit.

... I now have a lot more storage space so what do I fill it with, 400x 21019 Eiffel Tower during Tesco's next 3-for-2? (December'17?)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Manage to sell a mini VW for $42, and then a day later $43. I tend to raise prices as they sell.

I check today as interest in my post seemed to be dwindling and I see a few were sold $35 and under. It's the race to the bottom.

If I were a buyer, I'd wait it out a week to see it level off. I hope it doesn't go below $30. I still have several to unload.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Unworn Lester T-Shirt size XL from Store opening for £30 cash - cost £9.99.

Shop/24-in-1/soldier/passport/stickers for £100 cash - cost £0.00.

Found let another 10240 Red 5 in the warehouse but found the box damaged, sold for £150 cash - £19.99 loss (glad it's gone and I really have none left this time!)

10x 10197 Fire Brigades for £2000.00 cash - cost £89.90 (10% off at JL)

10214 Tower Bridge in damaged box for £145 cash - break even.

21101 Hayabusa for £120 cash - £75 profit.

... I now have a lot more storage space so what do I fill it with, 400x 21019 Eiffel Tower during Tesco's next 3-for-2? (December'17?)

I thought you were out?

• Like 6

Last couple of days:

Lego fountain 40221 x2 for 18.25 each (same buyer) 0 buy in.

Lego city service truck x4 for 25.00 each buy in 5 dollars.

Lego Dimension starter characters x3 15.00 each. I consider these 0 buy in since made the $ back from selling the SGs. (Still have a few left from my part out idea)

Admiral Yularen X1 18.00 dollars. 0 buy in.

Lego avengers tower x1 55.00 (to co worker) buy in 30.00

I think that's everything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waddamon said:

I thought you were out?

e2a2867889e74c20da4a0df38be0ed388954d868

You might be getting those towers a bit sooner Tabby, they did a 3 for 2 in mid March last year!

Sold a 41999 at £350+shipping. Will probably raise the price another tenner. 3 to go.

Slow week for people, or business so heavy there's no time to post?

I've had a couple recently, nothing too impressive, but with all the nice purchase opportunities over the past couple months, I've tapped myself out on space, so some things have to get moving, even if it's at a lower margin. Recouping some funds is nice too of course, certainly didn't lose anything! 

Previously I've included my final Paypal deposit, which includes shipping.... but I've realized that's not particularly useful if this thread is any sort of reporting tool, so my following are the actual sold prices they went for on ebay (in CAD as usual); shipping cost is moot. 

10236 Ewok Village - $425 ($335.84)     . . . Yea, so I made like $25. It was mostly a test for myself, to see if I could actually move one of these physically large, high monetary value sets.... Pulled it off and I made more than the bank would've!

75004 Z95 Headhunter - $65 ($44.79) x2 Different buyers randomly back to back on a set that hasn't had any interest in months....Sweet! 

Mixels Series 7 Complete Set - $65 ($45.18) Was sort of surprised to see this sell, had them listed for a while with very little traffic and only a couple of days left on the listing. Given the expiry of the theme, I had intended to let the listing ride out and then tuck them away for a year or two. Certainly going to regret this sale a year from now. 

4996 Beach House (Used) - $55 ($13.84) Scored in a bulk lot just 2 weeks back!

79015 Witch King Battle - $22.50 ($13.97) This one just came in as I was writing this post!

Edited by Zelgazra

Not today, but I recently sold:

2x Lego Dimensions Dr. Who Fun Packs on eBay for $14.88 each.  They were available from Best Buy on eBay at the same time for $5.99 each...so not sure what went into the decision making process of the buyer.  Buy-In was $3.81 at Target in August

1x Friends Heartlake Mall $110; Buy-in was $57.24 in March

• Like 4

Polybags, polybags, polybags. I sell polybags.

This batman movie has been good to me. It has renewed interest in the older bags. Especially last year's batmobile.

But not so much the joker bumper. I guess they're already getting the new joker. Makes sense.

40252 average $6.50, usually in sets of 10

30354 $5

Krypto $5.49

30523 Joker training $8

Lava slinger $5

Mini batwing $5

U-wings $9.75

Green Arrows $20

5002938 $6.50

30447 $5 large bulks

30303 bumpers, I did sell 5 for $6 each

Darth revan $30

30424 dojo $6

FO general $7.50

30446 $5.75

• Like 1

Another 41999 at £350 plus shipping. Paid bank transfer so no PP fees. Only two left!

Unsold a Beatles Sub I had split from the figures. Apparently a piece missing from the first stage of the build and the buyer would rather return the whole thing than have the missing piece. Seems very convenient. Chances are I'm going to hosetown on this one when the buyer sees that my returns policy has the buyer paying postage. What are the chances he actually returns the full sub and doesn't make a fuss? I'm seeing a Paypal claim or my first negative in my future =(