What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
4 minutes ago, Tgnmonster said:

So jealous of everyone here that is already using FBA. $2500 LEGO gating fee makes me a sad clown.

Do you folks consider this remotely close to worth it? Seems like a large mountain of profit to lose...

You would still need a letter from an authorized distributor and show invoices so your money would go to waste . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tgnmonster said:

So jealous of everyone here that is already using FBA. $2500 LEGO gating fee makes me a sad clown.

Do you folks consider this remotely close to worth it? Seems like a large mountain of profit to lose...

It's not the fee holding people back, it's getting ungated once you pay that fee.  Being able to come up with invoices from LEGO is pretty tough and there aren't any official wholesalers.  So, no, it ain't worth it as they'll take your non-refundable fee and tell you that everything you submit is not sufficient.

2 hours ago, Tgnmonster said:

Amazon is not ungating anybody in Lego (or any of the other big brands) even with all the paperwork and fees paid. Many have tried. Just because you cannot sell Lego on Amazon does not mean you cannot sell millions of other items tho. Plenty of other platforms for Lego.

Recent FBA sales:

2x 75920 Raptor Escape at $159.85 each, buy in of $35 each

1x 30320 Gallimimus Trap for $24, buy in of $0

1x 30522 Batman in the Phantom Zone for $9.18, buy in of $1.19

1x 41171 Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon for $23.98, buy in of $5

1x TRU Hulk Polybag for $14.98, buy in of $0

• Like 1

Finally, after a lot of coaching and advice from [mention=61513]Sfcommando14[/mention] I decided to dip my toes into FBA. Oh boy, how stupid am I that I never tried this before .....

My items became available yesterday at 4pm and this morning at 11am, and as of right now I have already sold:

5x 41111 Friends Party Train - $14 (buyin $4) - 100% ROI after fees

5x 70801 TLM Melting Room - $28 (buyin $5) - 250% ROI after fees

I landed straight in the buy-box for both listings, and nobody repriced. All I did was price within $1 of the lowest FBA price, no real undercutting or anything.

Thank you mr. Bezos!

On Amazon undercutting by $0.01 will suffice. Or better yet just match the buy box price.

15 minutes ago, Migration said:

On Amazon undercutting by $0.01 will suffice. Or better yet just match the buy box price.

Yes sir. All my other listings are priced like that. Just these two I dipped a little lower, but not by much. 70801 had a bunch of listings at $28.45 +/- $0.02, so I went for $27.99. With my 60% off buy-in this was a great deal. 41111 was a little blurrier, tons of FBM listings in the $13-$14 shipped range, first FBA at $14.90, so I went in at $14. I didn't have high expectations for that set, but figured it was worth a shot via FBA. Helped that I got half of my stash for $2.50 from WM 2 months ago.

• Like 1

Finally, after a lot of coaching and advice from [mention=61513]Sfcommando14[/mention] I decided to dip my toes into FBA. Oh boy, how stupid am I that I never tried this before .....
My items became available yesterday at 4pm and this morning at 11am, and as of right now I have already sold:
I landed straight in the buy-box for both listings, and nobody repriced. All I did was price within $1 of the lowest FBA price, no real undercutting or anything.
Thank you mr. Bezos!

How did you get past the gate? Were you FBA'ing a little before the gate went up?

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

How did you get past the gate? Were you FBA'ing a little before the gate went up?

I had a few FBM sales in the spring of 2016 (2-3) and when the gate came down, it was enough to get me grandfathered in. I've always been blocked from listing anything but New, but am allowed to send in for FBA. Had just never tried it (done a few attempts at Shipping Plans but it never seemed worth it, until last week when I went through my entire inventory and shipped in the "ripe" sets all at once).

• Like 1

7255 loose complete Grievous Chase $35

31004 Fierce Flyer x2 $30 ea

75013 Umbaraan HMC $55

3179 Repair Truck $23

31012 Family House $100

79115 Turtle Van Takedown x10 $45 ea

79120 T-Rawket x2 $30 ea

42000 Grand Prix x2 $200 ea

60022 Cargo Terminal x2 $180 ea

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

@Sfcommando14

You probably already know this, but if you undercut by even a penny, you might trigger other sellers' auto-repricing programs, and then the race to the bottom begins. So if you can just match, please do.

10 minutes ago, Jackson said:

You probably already know this, but if you undercut by even a penny, you might trigger other sellers' auto-repricing programs, and then the race to the bottom begins. So if you can just match, please do.

Being a buyer more than seller, please do under-cut. :)   Let the race BEGIN!

• Like 1

It's the sellers with auto-pricers that adjust down a penny when you match their price who are really annoying.
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Jackson said:

There's nothing to fear, because I sold through all my stock on those two SKUs within 24hrs. No race to the bottom. Nothing happened to the price of those items as a result of my actions either ...

58db8d12df402_Screenshotfrom2017-03-2906-31-37.png.6410ac71465ff16dce2aa7f2b86de06b.png58db8d13e5a93_Screenshotfrom2017-03-2906-30-52.png.2725764dbcd4958ab921e1df2caf6098.png

13 minutes ago, Phil B said:

There's nothing to fear, because I sold through all my stock on those two SKUs within 24hrs. No race to the bottom. Nothing happened to the price of those items as a result of my actions either ...

Eh? I wasn't talking about those specific items, just in general. I shouldn't have quoted you, so sorry about that because the comment wasn't really directed to you but to anyone who doesn't know that auto-repricers are a thing.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Phil B said:

Finally, after a lot of coaching and advice from @Sfcommando14 I decided to dip my toes into FBA. Oh boy, how stupid am I that I never tried this before .....

Thank you mr. Bezos!

To complete my first 24hr tally:

3x 41171 Emily Jones and the Baby Wind Dragon - $24 (buyin $2.50) - 500% ROI after fees

And no, I did not undercut anyone on that one, just matched the lowest FBA price.

• Like 8

Sold 63 Dimension Packs via CL: 

29 Scooby

24 Portal 2

5 Bart

5 BTTF

Total made was $305. Pretty much $5 a pack except for the Bart packs which sold for $3. I was hesitant at first to sell but since I was selling so many at once I figured why not. I didn't want to hold on to these forever. I had a great time selling these.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, legodelorean said:

Sold 63 Dimension Packs via CL: 

29 Scooby

24 Portal 2

5 Bart

5 BTTF

Total made was $305. Pretty much $5 a pack except for the Bart packs which sold for $3. I was hesitant at first to sell but since I was selling so many at once I figured why not. I didn't want to hold on to these forever. I had a great time selling these.

The level team/packs I have been moving at $10 each a little slower moving, but my buy in was about $2-$4 depending on the source