What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
9 minutes ago, aw004g said:

Sold 3 minifig guitars for $5.49 on eBay. Question: should I risk shipping in a standard envelope with a postage stamp or pay $2.61 to ship in a bubble mailer?

I was once shipped a minifigure in a paper envelope. I only received an empty envelope with a torn corner.

As much as I dislike the extra cost, I always do the minimum of bubble mailers (@2.61 or greater). :(

• Like 5

3 hours ago, aw004g said:

Sold 3 minifig guitars for $5.49 on eBay. Question: should I risk shipping in a standard envelope with a postage stamp or pay $2.61 to ship in a bubble mailer?

Spend the money and use a bubble mailer. I sent out two Simpsons minifigures one time in an envelope and when the person received them, one of the minifigures was missing a head. The envelope will get run through the machine and it will tear and it will be your loss. Use the bubble mailer, especially since you get tracking and with an envelope you don't.  Better to be safe than sorry! 

19 hours ago, aw004g said:

As mentioned, envelopes go through the sorter.  A torn envelope is about the best case scenario.  There's plenty of pics online of what a sorter can do to a LEGO piece when it goes through one.

As mentioned, envelopes go through the sorter.  A torn envelope is about the best case scenario.  There's plenty of pics online of what a sorter can do to a LEGO piece when it goes through one.

For less than a dollar you can get it hand sorted. No tracking though.

Taking advantage of eBay £1 FVF sold my last Artic Truck for £65, clearing £30. Can't see this going much higher so priced the three I had to sell to make room. Also sold another indominus Rex for £175, clearing £100. Will keep my remaining jurrassic world stock on hold till Xmas.

I sent very small pieces (like hands) to an overseas buyer who wanted to save $9 on shipping even after I explained the sorting machine risk and that I wouldn't guarantee that there wouldn't be damage. It can be done, but it's risky. One way to do it is with a piece of cardboard with a section carved out for the pieces. The letter can be no more than 3/4" thick. You can send a letter with tracking via PayPal.

I've even had a minifigure arrive with a broken hand in a bubble mailer. I now wrap pieces in cardboard before they go in the mailer.

I've even had a minifigure arrive with a broken hand in a bubble mailer. I now wrap pieces in cardboard before they go in the mailer.

Extra layer of bubble wrap I believe should do the trick too. I try to achieve this on every order with bubble mailers just to give another layer of protection. It helps keep the weight just a smidge lower (maybe). I'll have to explore this card board method you speak of. I know I've read it previously, probably from a post from you too. :)

Personally I've had people ship those smaller star war box sets in a bubble mailer. It came squished like someone stepped on it. The dude said my neighbor probably did it. (Sure) or you put things in a box like they should be :) he got into a hassle for 50 cents to a dollar savings on shipping.

Bottom line, don't skimp on shipping and packing. Not worth it.
  • Like 1

Recent Fba sales:

4x Master Wu Dragon for $59.99 each, buy-in of $19 each

1x Technic MKII Mobile Crane for $390, buy-in of $147

4x Elves The Starlight Inn for $59.99 x1 and $56.14 x3, buy-in of $15 each

2x 10188 Death Star for $488 each, buy-in of $275 each

1x Emerald Express for $24.98, buy-in of $4

4x Hot Dog Guy sealed CMF for $19.93 each, buy-in of $4 each

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Haay said:

30611 R2-D2 polybag, gotten free with May 4th purchase, sold for €25. :) 

Just flipped my first one for £22.  Have a few more, of which I'll be looking to get rid of asap before the inevitable race to the bottom.  These will probably settle down at about £10-£12. 

Edited by LahH001

Guest TabbyBoy

8x Mini VW camper polybags for £120 cash.

10x Mini VW Beetle for £130 cash.

6x Snow Globes for £100 cash.

10x London Bus for £90 cash.

1x Ecto1 for £60 cash.

... all to same buyer for £500 all in.

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

8x Mini VW camper polybags for £120 cash.

10x Mini VW Beetle for £130 cash.

6x Snow Globes for £100 cash.

10x London Bus for £90 cash.

1x Ecto1 for £60 cash.

... all to same buyer for £500 all in.

A nice deal for them (except the Ecto1).

• Like 1