What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 5 years later...
11 hours ago, feed said:

Sold my last single 99c store Portal 2 dimensions set last night and just about out of dimensions altogether.  
Portal 2 buy in was an average of £4.34 per unit, shipped and taxed into the UK, sold most of them at £17 each.  Had 225.  

I imported just under 400 dimensions all in, SD, JW, Homers and a few fun packs.  Portal 2 was the real winner in both volume and pricing.  

I really should have gone in harder and my gut at the time said go in for more, but the risk at the time was 2 weeks to get them shipped from sunny Texas and 2 weeks to understand pricing and volume.  So I held back. But still my eyes are wide open to the volume game now.   

Thanks to whomever it was who first posted about them.  

I went in for 50 Portal, 25 Scooby, 30 Homer and a bunch of assorted fun packs. Haven't shifted all the Portals yet (only selling on eBay and BL, could never have shifted that volume!) but the Scoobys sold very quickly.

The good import deals on these kinda dried up after the first week or so I feel. I think the eBay GSP was shipping these very cheaply at first and then went way up.

I sold some more Speed Champs. Kind of wanted to hold on to a few, but hard to say No to a buyer placing an order for multiples on BL. Gave a little discount because it was part of a large order, but still happy with this less than 6 month hold on most of these.

75899x4 $27 each

75910x 2 $25 each

75909x4 $25 each

No body seems to want the Corvette or Audis so far.

Some QFs, Lava Dragon for $35

Ender Dragon x3 $65 each

75917x4 $55 each

10546 x6 $22 each

4 minutes ago, donbee said:

I sold some more Speed Champs. Kind of wanted to hold on to a few, but hard to say No to a buyer placing an order for multiples on BL. Gave a little discount because it was part of a large order, but still happy with this less than 6 month hold on most of these.

75899x4 $27 each
75910x 2 $25 each
75909x4 $25 each

Ender Dragon x3 $65 each

that's because you are selling Series 1 [ which are gone from most stores and not available online except for the porsche crap ] and long behold you are selling the other ones :P

corvette; audi et al are series 2 :D

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, donbee said:

75899x4 $27 each
75910x 2 $25 each
75909x4 $25 each

Ender Dragon x3 $65 each

I'm getting pretty close to unloading my LaFerraris as well, I'm not sure how much upward mobility they have at this point compared to having the cash. $42 on AZ is pretty nice for a 6 month hold on a $12-15 set.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

I'm getting pretty close to unloading my LaFerraris as well, I'm not sure how much upward mobility they have at this point compared to having the cash. $42 on AZ is pretty nice for a 6 month hold on a $12-15 set.

its a 17$ set $14,99+tax 

Yeah, I scored all of mine for under $10 each. Hard to pass on near 3x pricing in one shot. Should I hold it for another 6 month to get another $5-10 each and ship to as many as 10 different customers? Or take my money and reinvest. You know what I did.

that's because you are selling Series 1 [ which are gone from most stores and not available online except for the porsche crap ] and long behold you are selling the other ones
corvette; audi et al are series 2

True. My bad, Italia is the one I should've mentioned.

35 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Just sold another one for $35. Local Facebook selling group. Down to 40! 

Everytime I read one of your Joker Steamroller posts, I can't help but think what could have been.  It is a cool set.

If this set was issued in 2006, 2007 or 2008, the ROI would have been at least 5x MSRP.   The superhero minifigs refresh rate is sad.  

20 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Everytime I read one of your Joker Steamroller posts, I can't help but think what could have been.  It is a cool set.

If this set was issued in 2006, 2007 or 2008, the ROI would have been at least 5x MSRP.   The superhero minifigs refresh rate is sad.  

Yeah, it's pretty depressing. I pegged this set as a winner (obviously, or I wouldn't have gone so deep on them). Locally at $35 I'm making around $5 each, but it's better than losing money. Buyers come to me to pick up, so I'm not wasting time or gas for a measley $5. At this point, I'm just happy to get my money back plus a little profit. It will be a slow grind, but I'll move through them eventually. No worries. Just unfulfilled potential.

In addition to eBay and Bricklink, I've got them listed locally on Craigslist, letgo, offerup, and three different Facebook groups. I've been toying with the idea of a garage sale, but that would be a ton of work getting everything out of storage, setting up, and then taking it all down and putting whatever doesn't sell back into storage. It's too late to do one this year, but maybe next April I will get things set up in my garage and have a sale over a couple of weekends. That would give me time to properly advertise as well. I remember one member here who did this a couple times and reported some decent results if I remember correctly. 

• Like 1

I set up some sets at my wife's yard sales. I can always move Chima, super heroes, and bionicles that I can't sell elsewhere. People bring their kids along who see it and go nuts, or they buy for their grandkids. They are surprised when I tell them that the sets are new. I usually dont keep anymore than 1 of any set out. I sell one, and then grab another to put out. That way it doesn't look like I am one of those people who bought a bunch of stuff on clearance and trying to make a buck off someone else, even though I obviously am!

• Like 5

How much do you ask For?

I set up some sets at my wife's yard sales. I can always move Chima, super heroes, and bionicles that I can't sell elsewhere. People bring their kids along who see it and go nuts, or they buy for their grandkids. They are surprised when I tell them that the sets are new. I usually dont keep anymore than 1 of any set out. I sell one, and then grab another to put out. That way it doesn't look like I am one of those people who bought a bunch of stuff on clearance and trying to make a buck off someone else, even though I obviously am!

The last one I had some success with was chima 70003 Eris' Eagle Interceptor. Couldn't move them on Ebay. Put them out at the sale for $15 (buy in was $5 at TRU clearance ) and it was like I was giving them away. Anything under $35 seems to be golden in my area. Lots of grandparents buying the kids gifts. Plus no fees, no chargebacks, no returns. Not many people try to haggle me on the Lego stuff. Other yard sale stuff yes they want for a quarter, but it seems like the people attracted to it are the ones who know its already a good deal that you are giving them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kfishe2 said:

The last one I had some success with was chima 70003 Eris' Eagle Interceptor. Couldn't move them on Ebay. Put them out at the sale for $15 (buy in was $5 at TRU clearance ) and it was like I was giving them away. Anything under $35 seems to be golden in my area. Lots of grandparents buying the kids gifts. Plus no fees, no chargebacks, no returns. Not many people try to haggle me on the Lego stuff. Other yard sale stuff yes they want for a quarter, but it seems like the people attracted to it are the ones who know its already a good deal that you are giving them.

This was my thought process as well if I decide to do it. I'd use it as a way to move some slow sellers at a decent price for the buyer, while still making a little profit. I'd probably put a few high dollar items in there as well to attract some of the high end collectors in the area. My sale would be strictly LEGO only, so not really a yard sale per se. I'd advertise it as such as well. Advertising on all of the Craig's boards in the surrounding areas, as well as on local Facebook groups a week or two in advance should get the word out and hopefully generate some traffic. I'd also have it the same weekend that my neighborhood has its annual neighborhood sale as well to take advantage of that foot traffic. I think it would be kind of fun. 

• Like 3