What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 9 years later...

6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown is a pretty nice quick flip these days.  It can be purchased on Amazon right now for $16.14 delivered.  With the recent release of the Wolverine movie, there seems to be increased interest.  I have been moving the minis and Wolverine's motorcycle from this set like crazy lately.

6866 Wolverine's Chopper Showdown is a pretty nice quick flip these days.  It can be purchased on Amazon right now for $16.14 delivered.  With the recent release of the Wolverine movie, there seems to be increased interest.  I have been moving the minis and Wolverine's motorcycle from this set like crazy lately.

Yeah I did well parting this out too. Bought it for 13.48 (red card covered most of the taxes too). Sold Wolverine with his motorcycle for $12, Deadpool for $9 and magneto for $6. Can't sell the helicopter though so the kids are playing with three of them. So clearing about $10 and a helicopter. Not bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a collector so far, but am purchasing in the hopes of reselling sooner or later, once I figure out the whole ebay thing.

I have just gotten my paypal stuff sorted out and am going to try to sell a few other household items before I start selling my lego sets.

I was purchasing lots earlier in the year but haven't come across anything worthy of buying lately...no sales or deals around here.

Yesterday I immediately sold all three of my 40079 VW Campers to the same buyer for $15 each, $2.50 total shipping. After fees I'll get $39, so $13 each. I think I shoulda been charging more seeing how many are selling at $20... but, I think I made up for it as I've sold 2 of my 3 Clone Lieutenant's for $20 + $2.50 Shipping each so after fees on those I'll see just under $18 each. So, pending I sell the 3rd the same way, I'll be looking at a total of $31 off each of my three $77 (pre tax) LEGO store purchases. That's 40% off! I'll take that from a LEGO store any day!

-PB

disclaimer: Yes, yes, I know I drove to the LEGO store using gas and wear and tear, and spent my time buying, listing and mailing and all that other jazz... but does it make me a total LEGO nut to say I enjoy even those parts of it? I can spend 30 min to an hour in the LEGO store just looking over and over at the same sets on the shelf and just somehow enjoy every second of it. Can't really explain why because I hate shopping in general. Anyways, maybe it's just my way of justifying it to myself, but I can't pass up a chance to go to the LEGO store, especially when it means I can get this kind of "deal"!

• Like 3

Yesterday I immediately sold all three of my 40079 VW Campers to the same buyer for $15 each, $2.50 total shipping. After fees I'll get $39, so $13 each. I think I shoulda been charging more seeing how many are selling at $20... but, I think I made up for it as I've sold 2 of my 3 Clone Lieutenant's for $20 + $2.50 Shipping each so after fees on those I'll see just under $18 each. So, pending I sell the 3rd the same way, I'll be looking at a total of $31 off each of my three $77 (pre tax) LEGO store purchases. That's 40% off! I'll take that from a LEGO store any day!

-PB

disclaimer: Yes, yes, I know I drove to the LEGO store using gas and wear and tear, and spent my time buying, listing and mailing and all that other jazz... but does it make me a total LEGO nut to say I enjoy even those parts of it? I can spend 30 min to an hour in the LEGO store just looking over and over at the same sets on the shelf and just somehow enjoy every second of it. Can't really explain why because I hate shopping in general. Anyways, maybe it's just my way of justifying it to myself, but I can't pass up a chance to go to the LEGO store, especially when it means I can get this kind of "deal"!

I sell mine for 19.99 free ship .. sells instantly

sold a mini vw camper but I guess there was too much air in the polybag so it goy charged as a parcel for shipping. instead of 1.34 packet I had to pay $14.xx!

only like 7.xx profit instead of $20.xx. how tragic!!! :'(

on another note, sold harry potter and hungarian horntail for $160 local sale.

Next time use USPS First Class. I don't see any way shipping a four ounce polybag would cost $14. Is your post office on crack?

Etan, find a local p.o. box or shipping supply store. They'll pack it nice in a new box for about $6. Usps parcel is the cheapest option for a box that size, but you'll need to make sure you specified economy shipping in your ebay listing. If not, ups ground is cheaper than usps priority.

It was through Canada Post. Any time you mail a packet that is obviously a bulkier than a flat letter envelope, they whip out this little plastic measuring thing to see if it fits through a slot in it. If it does, it you pay for regular packet mail price, which is $1.34 (mailing a letter is $0.63). And my VW camper barely didn't fit - I should have just poked a hole in the poly bag to let out the air LOL. Anyway, I guess they upgrade you to mail it as a parcel if it doesn't fit through the measuring slot. So sad :no:

It was through Canada Post. Any time you mail a packet that is obviously a bulkier than a flat letter envelope, they whip out this little plastic measuring thing to see if it fits through a slot in it. If it does, it you pay for regular packet mail price, which is $1.34 (mailing a letter is $0.63). And my VW camper barely didn't fit - I should have just poked a hole in the poly bag to let out the air LOL. Anyway, I guess they upgrade you to mail it as a parcel if it doesn't fit through the measuring slot. So sad :no:

That's a bummer. I don't know how others will feel about this move, but I often put the tiniest little microscopic pin hole and let the air out of most polybags before shipment to protect them from being "popped" open. I only refrain from doing so on the promotional Minifigure Polys as they are usually already void of air, and also highly collectable so I don't want to jeopardize the condition of the bag in any way. 

Now, to stay on topic of the thread, today I sold a Quinjet Polybag, a VW Camper Poly, 2 Clone Trooper Lieutenants, and 4 Series 11 Yeti's.

-PB

Just saw this thread. In the last month, I started selling again on eBay and Bricklink plus 1 Amazon sale.

100% complete no box Batman 1 Batcave $275

2 sealed Gold / Chrome C3PO avg'd $385

Sealed set 7962 (Anakin / Sebulbas Podracer) $80. Need to sell one more for my sanity. This is one set I don't care about taking a slight loss.