Walmart Lego general discussion

jgschmieg3

1 hour ago, Kenxxx said:

I don't understand what this means... and what does the picture mean?

Means clearance season is upon us. Week 22 2017 is when these packed sets are supposed to go out on shelves, but will clearance out old stuff to make room.

Or what @thoroakenfelder said....either way I think we all knew clearance was in the next 8-10 weeks.

Edited by amrandazz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, amrandazz said:

Means clearance season is upon us. Week 22 2017 is when these packed sets are supposed to go out on shelves, but will clearance out old stuff to make room.

Or what @thoroakenfelder said....either way I think we all knew clearance was in the next 8-10 weeks.

considering it also says City Volcano truck, I assume it's over and done with soon.

9 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I don't understand what this means... and what does the picture mean?

That is the shipping box that the LEGO City Volcano Explorer Truck comes in. It's just saying that on WMs Week 22 that set is to be deleted off the mod (or section). There were a few sets scheduled to be deleted. Just wanted to give people a heads up on what to look out for 

10 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

It says Del Wk 22 2017. The assumption being that it will be discontinued in Week 22 or last week of May First of June.

It's week 22 per the Walmart calendar. They're currently in week 13 or 14. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Sounds like a good blog post for the site here.  But here are my best practices:

1. Never use them online.  Only in store. 
  2. As soon as they come in to your email, put the GC # and the PIN into a spreadsheet
  3. Add my GC to Apple Wallet (because I'm iOS on my phone), if possible.
  4. Screen shot the email (usually has a barcode and PIN) and save it to a photo album on my phone

Good practice is to print out, as others have suggested.

Just last week, I was auditing my records, and discovered that I was doing really bad GC management.  I found two different transactions where I didn't get all my emails.  I got 4 out of 5 from Oct 2016, and 2 out of 3 from Aug 2016.  I called PayPal and told them the problem, and they were able to easily send me the full compliment of emails.

Wow, yeah I am sure that can get complicated quick. Thanks for the details, totally forgot about adding to apple wallet! I keep detailed records about purchases (including gift cards) but I figured I should start just copying in the GC code into the spreadsheet as well.

And yes I think it would be a solid blog post!

7 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

Walmart cracking down on resellers.

watch out. Just got notification that my account is under review.

Good strategy considering how far behind Amazon they are (and their purchase of 'the more you buy...' Jet.) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rebuild said:

Good strategy considering how far behind Amazon they are (and their purchase of 'the more you buy...' Jet.) 

i think its the jet purchase that's doing this. jet also didn't sell to re-sellers. they banned people after certain "unknown" threshold.

16 minutes ago, Jackson said:

What orders did you place to trigger the review? What does the notification say?

Nothing specific but I believe it did get someone's attention.

Attached below some excerpt. Took out account specific things. 

Long story short they are not playing around and much more professional than target or tru:

---------------------------------------------- 

We’re pleased that you’ve found Walmart’s low prices a great way to get the quality products you’re looking for.

However, based on your order history, it appears that you’re using Walmart.comspecifically for high-volume purchases. Under the Terms of Use, Walmart reserves the right to limit quantities, and to prohibit sales to dealers or resellers, which include anyone purchasing products for the purpose of commercial sales to a third party.

If you have any questions, please review our Terms of Use here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by newbie77