Walmart Lego general discussion

jgschmieg3

Funny you brought this up.......this morning I was at one of my local wallyworlds perusing the lego isle and a woman was there in a Lego jacket just looking as well. I asked her if she worked for Lego and she replied yes. I asked her if it was the coolest job in the world and she said it's pretty cool I get to make my own hours. Anyways long story short I asked her this exact question about why some walmart seem to go all out and some could care less about their lego isle. She said it's entirely up to the store manager how they want to set up their LEGO. She said it can get a bit pricey to go all out with lots of sets and displays so that's why she suspects alot of stores just keep it simple. All this was being discussed as she was taking all the lego knock offs, KreO, megabloks ect. And putting them in a basket (presumably to relocate them since they were just thrown on the shelves next to the real deal).

Funny you brought this up.......this morning I was at one of my local wallyworlds perusing the lego isle and a woman was there in a Lego jacket just looking as well. I asked her if she worked for Lego and she replied yes. I asked her if it was the coolest job in the world and she said it's pretty cool I get to make my own hours. Anyways long story short I asked her this exact question about why some walmart seem to go all out and some could care less about their lego isle. She said it's entirely up to the store manager how they want to set up their LEGO. She said it can get a bit pricey to go all out with lots of sets and displays so that's why she suspects alot of stores just keep it simple. All this was being discussed as she was taking all the lego knock offs, KreO, megabloks ect. And putting them in a basket (presumably to relocate them since they were just thrown on the shelves next to the real deal).

Did you get her business card?

That's pretty interesting.  I wish my WalMart would get off their butts and order more LEGO, right after they clearance the few they have.

Did you introduce yourself as Reese Cellar?

• Like 3

It depends where they are too. My more ghetto walmarts are still huge but they only carry the smaller sets.

At the same time the candy, alcohol, and "family planning" sections are massive.

What exactly are you implying!!??

I'm heading to my local WM right after work tonight just in case.  And if no Lego, I'll check out the other sections DNIIM mentioned...

• Like 3

I'm not to sure of the Wal-Marts by me, but as far as a Target goes, I've found better clearance deals in an affluent part of the cities (where I work) vs the Targets where I live (which is very close to the poorer part of the Twin Cities). Have found great clearance deals over the past 3 years or so at that Target I'm referring to.

absolutely. Find my best stuff at the walmarts that look like they were assembled out of Megabloks.

This is true, There is one Walmart outside of Phila where the customers always argue amongst themselves. Teenage moms are there with grandmom who looks younger than the daughters. Everything is thrown around. It is awesome. The Lego section is also decent. I will never reveal the location of this palace.

• Like 1

There is one walmart that I know of that rivals even the worst walmart you have ever seen. Somehow my buddy got a captain America cycle and hulks hellicarrier there today. They were not there last week. Before I ask how that happened and hey, maybe they were in the back. He also got ninjango set 2504 there!!!!!!!! any reasonable explanation for this?

Dirtier....bad part of town or lower income area.  

I think it's a combination of the local people who shop there might find LEGO's too expensive to buy and the people who would buy those LEGO wouldn't be caught dead at those stores.

Okay, now it clicks. Thank you. I know of a member who used to frequently post here would probably agree with finding the best deals in those kinds of areas.

I'm not to sure of the Wal-Marts by me, but as far as a Target goes, I've found better clearance deals in an affluent part of the cities (where I work) vs the Targets where I live (which is very close to the poorer part of the Twin Cities). Have found great clearance deals over the past 3 years or so at that Target I'm referring to.

I used to live in Austin, MN (nothing good happening in that town) and when I was a kid the Target would have the best clearances for Lego.  I have found more rural stores to have great clearance at times.