76005 - Spider-Man: Daily Bugle Showdown

dibole

the doc ock ambush and captain america cycle got retired pretty early. Do you think that this will be the same with the daily bugle set? I think that lego is trying to get out as many new Marvel sets out before their rights to marvel superheroes are over. Meaning that they have to retire sets to make shelf space.How much longer do you think the daily bugle showdown will stay in stores?

That's a good question. The set has been out for the whole of 2013 and was discounted somewhat for a while so I do not imagine it hanging around much longer especially with all the new Marvel offerings coming out. Since my Walmart hasn't really restocked and Target seems to be 'winging' it, trying to form a better guess is tricky. However, I can see it linger around online for another year before being officially retired.

• Like 1

I don't see this ever being available for less than $35, maybe $30 in extreme cases.  This is a set that I would urge everybody to load up on.  It just has too much going for it to be passed over.  Aside from all the exclusive minis, the Daily Bugle is a really cool building.  Look at how well the Hulk 6868 is doing, and all the set pieces in there are crap.

As far as the retirement part of it, I am expecting this one to last at least another six months.  That would put it at a year and a half.  I don't think it would get retired any sooner than that, but after that it could be fair game.

If you want to own these, find a way to get them now.  Look what happened to the people who slept on Captain America, The Hulk, and Wolverine.  Six months blows by in a hurry!

That's a good question. The set has been out for the whole of 2013 and was discounted somewhat for a while so I do not imagine it hanging around much longer especially with all the new Marvel offerings coming out. Since my Walmart hasn't really restocked and Target seems to be 'winging' it, trying to form a better guess is tricky. However, I can see it linger around online for another year before being officially retired.

A year sounds about right.  If stock gets low and panic buying sets in, it might not make it through the next holiday season.  With the huge jump the Mack's noticed this holiday (should we call it a holiday hill instead of a bump due to its size?) I think if you wait until Nov-Dec 2014 it will be hard to find if not impossible.

Closely related. Being rather hard to find now, and probably not any more great deals on it (amazon way over MRSP, ect.), is this set worth paying retail? A walmart nearby has 7-8 (half with bad boxes, the other half fine). What with the possibility of it being gone very soon, should I grab a couple just to make sure I have SOME? (this walmart [like most in Socal >.>] doesn't ever clearance LEGO. I've literally never seen any of sale there. And about half their total stock has bad boxes. But no mark downs...)

As much as I cannot stand Walmart, I just got 8 of these at $25 each.  Another Walmart about 15 minutes away has more in stock and are being held for me 'til tomorrow.  Someone totally marked these things wrong.

Just have to make sure my son doesn't take any of them.

We're they marked as clearance or just priced incorrectly?

I walked out of a WM yesterday that had about 20 of these in the clearance aisle, still marked at full price, awaiting a markdown. They also had about 20 of the same heavy lift helicopter that Shopko had on clearance a day or 2 ago, as well as a few of the ninjago sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• 2 weeks later...

That's the one. Most of last month and all of last year's December, that Tree House appeared on Amazon just to disappear as quickly. Haha, every single time somebody posted it returning on Amazon in the Daily Deals thread, another post was made a few seconds later after that stating "And it's gone!". It became our new running gag around here. :lol: