10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

ATTENTION COLLECTORS AND INVESTORS:

On June 1, 2012, LEGO will be releasing a new version of the SOPWITH CAMEL. The older version, set 3451, did extremely well in the secondary market, increasing almost 200% from MSRP. This set looks much more complicated and accurate. Watch the LEGO 'DESIGN' video. Nice detail. A must have for any investor or collector, so save your pennies for June 1st!

Here is the LEGO Press Release:

BILLUND, Denmark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest idunno101

This will probably becom a very popular set especially with the dark green pieces and the functions this plane has. I'm buying it for sure

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I took a look at the data just to make sure some of these listings weren't bad. I removed two so the price will drop a little. They were including bonus items like the mini set or one even included bags of olympic minifigs. I removed them, but overal the prices are accurate for the month.

I took a look at the data just to make sure some of these listings weren't bad. I removed two so the price will drop a little. They were including bonus items like the mini set or one even included bags of olympic minifigs. I removed them, but overal the prices are accurate for the month.

I was not debating the accuracy of your prices - wouldn't dare ;)

The 7 or so listings on Ebay.co,uk bear them out but it is odd that people are prepared to pay more from there when it is cheaper else where, like from Lego themselves.

All the Ebay UK listing are Buy it nows, I feel with slow moving sets that an auction can give a more valid idea of what people are prepared to pay for a set.

Jeff, does your Ebay data say what were buy it nows and what were auctions. I would be interested how many out of the 117 sales in December were auctions, I would be surprised if it was more than 10-20%

This price spike you're seeing is a result of Lego LEGO Shop at Home being out of stock of 10226 during the month of December. As a result those who wanted 10226 for the holiday had to turn to 3rd party eBay sellers and pay more to acquire this set. The same thing happened with 10211 during December. Both sets will slowly decline in price over the next few months, unless of course one of them goes back out of stock again, then it may jump in value like in December.

Oh, i wasn't saying you were, but I do always look to see when people notice a spike. Since I just ran the update, you never know if some high priced item still got in there messing up the pricing. I just wanted to confirm that the spike indeed looks legit.

Oh, i wasn't saying you were, but I do always look to see when people notice a spike. Since I just ran the update, you never know if some high priced item still got in there messing up the pricing. I just wanted to confirm that the spike indeed looks legit.

However, I bought it at 80

The 7 or so listings on Ebay.co,uk bear them out but it is odd that people are prepared to pay more from there when it is cheaper else where, like from Lego themselves.

All the Ebay UK listing are Buy it nows, I feel with slow moving sets that an auction can give a more valid idea of what people are prepared to pay for a set.

Jeff, does your Ebay data say what were buy it nows and what were auctions. I would be interested how many out of the 117 sales in December were auctions, I would be surprised if it was more than 10-20%

We would have to go through each listing individually to see if it was a Buy it Now or auction, That's a lot of work. ;-)

• 5 weeks later...

Slightly stealing Mahler's topic name here. But has 10226 Sopwith Camel risin above the radar? Now that Ed/Jeff have released the January figures (thanks Gents!) the christmas price spike due to high demand/low stock seems to have been maintained. I was expecting a fall for January but it is staying above LEGO Shop at Home RRP in both the UK and US. The set seems to the readily avaiable in Europe, there is a good dealon Amazon.es

You guys are paying less than us? It is $100usd shipped with no tax from amazon, that is the same as $75euro over the pond or about 60pounds, I have not seen this set on sale yet but I haven't seen it over LEGO Shop at Home price except at the usual markup locations such as ToysRus and other Amazon sellers when the main store is out of stock.

You guys are paying less than us? It is $100usd shipped with no tax from amazon, that is the same as $75euro over the pond or about 60pounds, I have not seen this set on sale yet but I haven't seen it over LEGO Shop at Home price except at the usual markup locations such as ToysRus and other Amazon sellers when the main store is out of stock.

I meant the EBay prices. BP pricing is