10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

Guest TabbyBoy

It's a shame that this never really "took-off" in the UK as it a fantastic build and display piece. Luckily, I got mine for £39.99 each and offloaded for around £100 posted, I'd have lost out if I bought them at the RRP of £79.99. It's been retired a while so I don't hold out too much hope for it now.

It's probably just me but, I've never seen the LEGO aftermarket as quiet as it has been over the last 3-4 months. Especially with fantastic sets that should've been "sure-thing" winners.

Negative thoughts? No, it's a fact ;-(

20 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

This set has been a major disappointment.  Sitting on a few of these still and they just won't budge.  Never envisioned a home run with this one but to not even reach 2x RRP has been very frustrating.  I will build one of them eventually, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Seems it caught Unimogitis. I foresee the same fate for the similarly coloured Mini.

• 2 months later...

I found the following points he made interesting:

• Lego do read the main fan forums
  • He tries to avoid stickers on D2C sets.
  • They have a different view on remakes for Star Wars than other D2C sets.
  • The design process is quite short for most Creator sets.
  • The SC was a plan C as 2 other proposed sets got cancelled.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Two years ago almost by the day (early October 2015) I bought two boxes of 10226 from @mauro23 through eBay. It was a bit of an accident actually, because I only wanted one, but made bids on two different auctions on eBay and won both auctions. :P  Then it came out they were mauro's and his girlfriend's accounts, so he offered to send them together to save shipping costs. I still have both boxes stored away, but will eventually build one of them when I some day get to it. The other one ... well, I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it.

Edited by Haay