10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

Guest AnnexBrett

These are on sale at amazon es for 65 euros.......jumped and bought 3.....but.........should i buy more????

Which amazon? I see it going for 98.90 euros...

Guest AnnexBrett

Its not Euro however British Pounds. I mean its quite a mess with the currencies. Currently only express shipping is the only option to North America. The whole deal comes down to 199 euros for two! =PASS

Guest AnnexBrett

The question was should i buy more!! not whether you guys should! :)

Im in germany so its cheap shipping for me......

You got your point :) As everybody says: 20% or more below retail and cheap shipping and if you have enuf space to store them, I would buy some more! And build one! Its a great looking plane! Cheers

I have come to the realization sleepers are becoming more and more rare with every passing day. The last real sleeper I think was the imperial shuttle. Now at least a few people will be on to sets like the SC and let the cat out of the bag! The SC has been talked about quite a bit on this and other sites and the consensus is that this is a winner! Don't get me wrong about the the cat out of the bag stuff, no one here will be upset for bringing sleepers into the limelight.........that is really what this site is for. So the short answer is yes this is a great long term investment, just like all the other large scale models.

How on earth was the IS a sleeper? people have piles of them stored up, I'm still sure they will do great just because there is such a great market for the star wars models. The SC on the other hand could join the ranks alongside the emerald night as a fantastic model but I doubt it will have as large of a following. The wright brothers flyer and brown SC have both done well on the secondary market, but not superb, this plane is a larger set than either of those predecessors.

The only evidence that I base my claim on was that no one on this site and from what I saw not many on any other site were discussing this set at all let alone discussing its investment potential. A moot point at this point anyhow since it has been retired and it has so far proven to be a winner. All my opinions so I hope no one is offended.