10226 - Sopwith Camel

legotrader

Sorry if I seemed snappy, I didn't mean it that way but I see it could have read differently. I have only been on here for a month and at the time there was a lot of talk about it since the last few were going in Amazon and there has been a small resurgence as the last few were snatched up from TRU this week. The guy who bought six of them the other day, I would call that a good supply since it is such a large set. BTW, is anyone else here a little afraid that there aren't many more large sets coming out? The last several UCS sets haven't been all that large, the 10212 was decent but not a $300+ set, the tower bridge is a $240 set, nothing insane, I know the part count is high but many of you have seen my opinions on what really constitutes a sets size. The Star Wars theme is really what has gotten all of the largest sets, if they slow down or stop, what will we do for our bread winners? I would love to see some large sets from other themes like LOTR/Hobbit but we will see. There is talk that the opera house will be massive but we are also getting very excited here too, it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same size or smaller than the tower bridge.

• 2 months later...

It's a Lego exclusive. You can't get one at any of the big box retailers, and for a while even Amazon's price was 130 or 120. Also, keep in mind that Lego LEGO Shop at Home doesn't ship to every corner of the world, while some ebay sellers will. I dont think it is retiring soon, i'd say christmas at the earliest.

I could have sworn it was an exclusive. My bad. Anyhoo, if youre a builder you need this set. I bought one to keep sealed but i couldnt help myself, i opened and built it and it is fantastic. Beware the size, though. It is big and youll need some space to display it.