10212 - UCS: Imperial Shuttle

Spartikis

Any thoughts on this? it was released sep 2010, its a old set, on sale, out of strock for 30 days, i think this will be a great set for investment purposes. Plus its on sale right now for $200, free ship regularly $250 and i would get free shipping, no tax and the chrome TC14!

Any thoughts on this? it was released sep 2010, its a old set, on sale, out of strock for 30 days, i think this will be a great set for investment purposes. Plus its on sale right now for $200, free ship regularly $250 and i would get free shipping, no tax and the chrome TC14!

Great deal...Great set...Too bad I paid the full price a year ago.

20% OFF IMPERIAL SHUTTLE

Normally i only invest in lego i might actually want, just incase it ends up being a undesirbale set and doesnt go up in value i can always build it or use the peices but i really dont see that happening with this set.

I have the Imperial Shuttle and it is an impressive set. One of my best displaying Lego sets to be honest.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very nice set and one of the few that my wife "appreciates" as a display piece. That in of itself is a good indication that the set is worthwhile. Hmm perhaps there should be a "spouse" meter rating system? Just a thought!

My wife asked me what do I want for Father's Day. I told her the new R2-D2 10225. She said I have enough plastic crap around the house and I need to ask for something smaller. I said WTF? I said OK, get me a Breitling watch!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why but Amazon has the Imperial Shuttle (10212) on sale for $206.21 which is 21% off RRP. Kind of a strange amount but I'm not complaining! As an FYI there are only 79 in stock as of right now. When I checked earlier today there were 139 left, so going fast, currently #44 in LEGO top 100 on Amazon.

Not sure why but Amazon has the Imperial Shuttle (10212) on sale for $206.21 which is 21% off RRP. Kind of a strange amount but I'm not complaining! As an FYI there are only 79 in stock as of right now. When I checked earlier today there were 139 left, so going fast, currently #44 in LEGO top 100 on Amazon.

Excellent deal...You mentioned the AMAZON.COM Best Sellers: Top 100 Building Toys, which is excellent information.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this link, it shows the Top 100 best selling LEGO(and LEGO's competitors...which might be one or two sets at most...LOL)sets. This helps the LEGO investor and collector see what's hot and what's not and might help with future investment analysis...

• 2 weeks later...

After coming across this website in April, I decided to venture into Lego investing. At least to test the waters. I have sold LEGO in the past on eBay. Only used sets, but made enough on them. I never really fathomed buying new sets and not opening them only to make profits later. This particular set is one of the few that I bought for resale. I bought 3 copies. One to build, two to sell for hopefully 1.5-3x the cost ($200 for each) Everytime I look, i see this set on sale though, so it has me really wondering what to expect on this one. Sure its a great set, but it has been on sale so many times. Hopefully it hasn't oversaturated the marketplace. Also I am sure resalers have these in bulk. So i Honestly am losing hop this set will double and triple in value in the first 2-3 years. I also picked up some Harry Potter sets currently on the market. And thats all I wanted to invest in this year to offset the sets I bought to keep. If all goes well I will pick up some next Spring. But all my eggs are on this one and a few Diagon Alley's, so hopefully I see some real return. I don't have the heart to sell my Taj Mahal even though I havent opened it yet. Wish I would have started by buying two of those, because I almost did.

After coming across this website in April, I decided to venture into Lego investing. At least to test the waters. I have sold LEGO in the past on eBay. Only used sets, but made enough on them. I never really fathomed buying new sets and not opening them only to make profits later.

This particular set is one of the few that I bought for resale. I bought 3 copies. One to build, two to sell for hopefully 1.5-3x the cost ($200 for each)

Everytime I look, i see this set on sale though, so it has me really wondering what to expect on this one. Sure its a great set, but it has been on sale so many times. Hopefully it hasn't oversaturated the marketplace. Also I am sure resalers have these in bulk. So i Honestly am losing hop this set will double and triple in value in the first 2-3 years.

I also picked up some Harry Potter sets currently on the market. And thats all I wanted to invest in this year to offset the sets I bought to keep. If all goes well I will pick up some next Spring.

But all my eggs are on this one and a few Diagon Alley's, so hopefully I see some real return.

I don't have the heart to sell my Taj Mahal even though I havent opened it yet. Wish I would have started by buying two of those, because I almost did.

Almost every set has been clearanced or discounted at some point during its production life. Sets that just disappear without seeing discounts are far more rare. 10179 Falcon was easily obtained at 20% off, Canadians were even able to get it at 80% off one day by accident. 10123 Cloud City, 7785 Arkham, 7783 Batcave, 10187 Beetle and so many more highly sought sets were available at 50% off at the end of their production time and it didn't prevent them from seeing huge gains. Granted, it's a different time and more people are buying sets to resell later, but a great set will still see nice returns, it just may take a little longer to get there.

Almost every set has been clearanced or discounted at some point during its production life. Sets that just disappear without seeing discounts are far more rare. 10179 Falcon was easily obtained at 20% off, Canadians were even able to get it at 80% off one day by accident. 10123 Cloud City, 7785 Arkham, 7783 Batcave, 10187 Beetle and so many more highly sought sets were available at 50% off at the end of their production time and it didn't prevent them from seeing huge gains. Granted, it's a different time and more people are buying sets to resell later, but a great set will still see nice returns, it just may take a little longer to get there.

@ Danny... The Imperial Shuttle and Diagon Alley are both excellent sets which will see major appreciation one day IMO.

@ Mos Eisley... Excellent points. Here is a quick story of the worst LEGO investment I never made. I just purchased my first 10179 Millennium Falcon from Amazon.com for $399.00(Free shipping/no tax). A couple of weeks later I'm sitting on the couch with my pregnant wife, looking at the last 3 Millennium Falcons on Amazon(for the same $400) and said to her this might be a good buy. Now mind you, the thought of LEGO investing wasn't even a thought in my mind 3 or 4 years ago, yet I thought it was a must buy. I asked her what she thought and she said, "You've been spending too much on Legos already, you don't need these extra ones. We have to save our money!" With that, I took my finger off the ADD TO CART button and in the span of 10 seconds, I lost out on $3000-$4000+.

My suggestion to other investors and collectors out there...When an opportunity presents itself, take a chance and buy it. You can figure out how to pay for it later. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the imperial shuttle set is out of stock. It says its still in stock if you use the search button but when you go to the actual page the add to bag button is gone. I might make a trip by my local lego store tonight to see if they have any still in stock :)