75020 - Jabba's Sail Barge

Lateral-G

Heard on Brickshow that these are coming this summer as announced from the London Toy Fair.

I guess prices are going to drop now on the older sets. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a sail barge on ebay last month.

Yes, the old Gunships will drop a bit, but the old Sail Barge will likely drop by not as much. I think the new Barge looks awful (The set looks very small & the front looks too big) - this should help the prices on the old one, the Gunship looks good though - sort of a combination of the 2 previous gunships.

Yeah, the new Gunship is basically a blend of the first 2, has the little side bubbles like the 1st, but I think the overall look is closer to the Clone Wars version. The Sail Barge does look goofy, and is supposedly shorter than the first. It does have a very nice cast of characters if you are into minifigs. The AT/TE is also very similar to the previous model as well.

Jabba's sailbarge doesn't look so good... or is it just me?

Correct - not so good at all. It is hard to figure how Lego remakes a set so badly. They did it with the 1st wave of re-releases of the Batman sets. Up until the new Arkham set (which is great, as was the original), all the other re-releases were far behind the quality of the originals.

Correct - not so good at all. It is hard to figure how Lego remakes a set so badly. They did it with the 1st wave of re-releases of the Batman sets. Up until the new Arkham set (which is great, as was the original), all the other re-releases were far behind the quality of the originals.

I thought they did a good job with the Two-Face Chase. The new Batmobile may be smaller, but it still looks good and Two-Face's Car is arguably better (unless you hate the color scheme).

The new Batcave wasn't bad either. I agree that the old one blows the new one out of the water, but the old one was an excellent deal even for MSRP back in the day. Bruce to Batman was well done on the new one (better than old one) and the door for the Batmobile was pretty nice too. Also looks good if you are a bigger fan of blue grey batman than black grey or all black.

And doesn't the new Jabba Palace look way better than old Jabba Palace? Of course, old one was a smaller and cheaper set.

So I guess the conclusion to draw is that their remakes only wind up better if they are more expensive and contain more peices like Jabba Palace and Arkham Asylum?

I thought they did a good job with the Two-Face Chase. The new Batmobile may be smaller, but it still looks good and Two-Face's Car is arguably better (unless you hate the color scheme).

The new Batcave wasn't bad either. I agree that the old one blows the new one out of the water, but the old one was an excellent deal even for MSRP back in the day. Bruce to Batman was well done on the new one (better than old one) and the door for the Batmobile was pretty nice too. Also looks good if you are a bigger fan of blue grey batman than black grey or all black.

And doesn't the new Jabba Palace look way better than old Jabba Palace? Of course, old one was a smaller and cheaper set.

So I guess the conclusion to draw is that their remakes only wind up better if they are more expensive and contain more peices like Jabba Palace and Arkham Asylum?

Yea, I think the color scheme is all too bright & cartoon like. I prefer the black/white/grays of the older ones. To me the older ones look more like display pieces & the newer ones look more like kids toys. I agree, the old Bruce Wayne was not good, no unique pieces - just a soldier head from an indiana Jones set in a suit.

Yes - I think the new Jabba's palace is great.

Yea, I think the color scheme is all too bright & cartoon like. I prefer the black/white/grays of the older ones. To me the older ones look more like display pieces & the newer ones look more like kids toys. I agree, the old Bruce Wayne was not good, no unique pieces - just a soldier head from an indiana Jones set in a suit.

Yes - I think the new Jabba's palace is great.

I actually meant the play feature where you pop in Bruce and out comes Batman was done better. Overall, I think all the new minifigs beat the old. But we were talking sets as a whole.

I can't wait to maybe get a gunship and an AT-TE. I didn't get the sets when they were released a couple of years ago. I've regretted it ever since.

Me too, but the minifigs that these ones come with aren't as cool or as unique as some of the other ones. Even the AT-TE had a bunch of the same minifig, but they didn't get released with very many other sets.

Too many of the figures and designs are the same. Never the less, I will no doubt be buying it at one point in time!

;)

You're right. That new sail barge looks bad.

Where are pics of the AT-TE?

Ah. Sorry for the confusion, but I was talking about the old version of the AT-TE not the new one. The old one, if I am correct, has the most clone troopers of any set ever produced, hence the repetition of the figure. I haven't seen any pictures of the new one, but I hope it isn't a gray mass with 8 legs!

The older Sail Barge will not go down in price at all, just based on how bad the new one looks, it will probably make more people want to get the original one. I am so glad I picked up lots of those. It reminds me so much of the new Tumbler...what a joke, just look at the prices of set #7888 now......

I actually meant the play feature where you pop in Bruce and out comes Batman was done better. Overall, I think all the new minifigs beat the old. But we were talking sets as a whole.

I feel like the mini figs just keep getting better and better. My basis for this is Mr. Freeze. The new one is awesome! He looks so angry! Lol.

I agree that the building parts of some modern sets does seem to be lacking though.

• 2 weeks later...

The older Sail Barge will not go down in price at all, just based on how bad the new one looks, it will probably make more people want to get the original one. I am so glad I picked up lots of those. It reminds me so much of the new Tumbler...what a joke, just look at the prices of set #7888 now......

I agree about the comparison of the new El Debarge compared to the older one. It might slow down the price of the older though. Despite the older looking nicer, peopl now can settle for a cheaper option.