21020 - Trevi Fountain

jaisonline

Not too shabby at all. I do confess to wishing these later sets were a bit larger in scale, as I found recent releases to be underwhelming.

lego must have figured that most of their customers have limited display and storage space, which partly explains he insane popularity of CMF series. The architecture series, being small sets are a perfect excuse to fill up a display cabinet, and one can admire the world best architecture lego sets right in front of them.

lego must have figured that most of their customers have limited display and storage space, which partly explains he insane popularity of CMF series. The architecture series, being small sets are a perfect excuse to fill up a display cabinet, and one can admire the world best architecture lego sets right in front of them.

Well, the CMF has many reasons for it's success.

I was comparing this new set more to the Robie House and Imperial Hotel, which seem a bit larger. The last couple of Architecture sets seem to have dropped off a bit. 

Well, the CMF has many reasons for it's success.

I was comparing this new set more to the Robie House and Imperial Hotel, which seem a bit larger. The last couple of Architecture sets seem to have dropped off a bit.

Robie and IH are from the Architect Series. Trevi and the last few releases UN, Eiffel are from the landmark series, perhaps that is the difference. I thought the UN was a great build although a small platform.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks for posting, I'll likely buy this as I often go to Rome on business and pass this every time.  It's a great city and I'm hoping they are cheaper than the UK (Amazon IT often is) for when I go there next.  Does that mean a coliseum is imminent?

Looks great, I like it.

I'm awaiting arrival of a UN for my desk at work.  I don't have a lot of desk space, and really plan to build and display for a few months, and then put it away and sell it used down the line.  I'll replace it with something else from this line when I'm done with it.  Trevi Fountain looks like the one I'll be replacing it with.

Looks v. good... Had my honeymoon in Rome.. Will buy one just for that. actually it will make a nice anniversary gift. Hope it comes out by June

Just want to look out for you here and say, "DO NOT DO THIS".

Spouse sees gift, wonders if it means you're going back, you admit, no,,,,,,its's just a lego set, Poof, thoughtful gift turns into disappointment 

At least, that's how it would go in my house. :)

• Like 4

Just want to look out for you here and say, "DO NOT DO THIS".

Spouse sees gift, wonders if it means you're going back, you admit, no,,,,,,its's just a lego set, Poof, thoughtful gift turns into disappointment 

At least, that's how it would go in my house. :)

Now if you built it and put a trip itinerary with plane tickets inside...