21020 - Trevi Fountain

jaisonline

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

These are so much better than the original Arch sets. I just don't think the John Hancock center and the Willis tower, etc. look that good. However the UN and this one look really nice.

The "Tower sets" as I call them are from the "landmark" series and I sort of subgroup them away from the pure Architecture series sets.  I agree that the "towers" are a bit bland, but that's the style of architecture they were born from; we may find the Empire State Building set bland but some old-geezer from New York might love it because it reminds him of his youth.

Same reason why some of the above posters like the Trevi Fountain set because they lived near it for a while, or visited it before.

Architecture isn't just "designing buildings", it's connecting with people through structure and space.

Anyway...Trevi Fountain looks great, I love any set that incorporates water and those lovely blue bricks.  Definitely going to pick this up.  Of course I'm aiming to complete the Architecture series so of COURSE I'm picking it up!

• 2 weeks later...

After adding "Trevi Fountain" to my "want-list" on Bricklink I found that several people were selling them already!  I was under the impression that they were going to be sold starting August 1st?

Did they get them early via VIP?  Because I'm a VIP member and I didn't hear anything about it...

Also, does anyone know how much the MSRP of "Trevi Fountain" will be?  The price is as low as $55-60 on Bricklink.

So If I just HAD to have it before August 1st, I could probably nab one for 60 bucks US plus shipping it looks like.

I'll probably just wait; my birthday is in September anyway...

EDIT: Why did Europe get an earlier release?  Because they're manufactured there?  Or does it have to do with Trevi Fountain being located in Europe and they released it their first as a sort of "nod" to that fact?

Why did Europe get an earlier release?  Because they're manufactured there?  Or does it have to do with Trevi Fountain being located in Europe and they released it their first as a sort of "nod" to that fact?

European and US releases are sometimes not the same.

For instance the cargo plane 42025 is available for 6 months here in europe. Because technics sets are quite looked for here in france/germany/etc. (more than in the US I think)

On the opposite, some sets are available in the US one month before europe (marvel sets, popular here but even more in the US).

I guess it depends on the popularity of the theme. If it's more popular in a certain location, it will be realesed sooner to avoid "out of stock" problems so at a certain date (let's say 2 months after the first release), stocks will be ok worldwide. (my two cents)

edit: so to your question "does it have to do with Trevi Fountain being located in Europe" I think the answer is "yes" :)

European and US releases are sometimes not the same.

For instance the cargo plane 42025 is available for 6 months here in europe. Because technics sets are quite looked for here in france/germany/etc. (more than in the US I think)

On the opposite, some sets are available in the US one month before europe (marvel sets, popular here but even more in the US).

I guess it depends on the popularity of the theme. If it's more popular in a certain location, it will be realesed sooner to avoid "out of stock" problems so at a certain date (let's say 2 months after the first release), stocks will be ok worldwide. (my two cents)

edit: so to your question "does it have to do with Trevi Fountain being located in Europe" I think the answer is "yes" :)

Oh Geez! I want that "Cargo-Plane" so bad too!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...