21011 - Brandenburg Gate

beartrapper

I don't know if these will retire anytime soon, but for those of you who part out sets this one is a great buy.

There are 82 Sand Green slopes which sell on average for 0.12 each so $9.84 in those alone.

The entire set has averaged $54.42 for the last 6 months.

You can often pick these up for $20-24 and once it goes EOL, so will the supply of those slopes.

• 7 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Sorry, I have no time for this poor performing theme in the UK. I bought 5x Rockefeller Centers at -50% and made a loss on them all afted EOL. Stick to big exclusives if I were you.

Sorry, I have no time for this poor performing theme in the UK. I bought 5x Rockefeller Centers at -50% and made a loss on them all afted EOL. Stick to big exclusives if I were you.

Hold on to it for longer. You can even now sometimes find it for retail, no wonder it didn't grow a lot.

Hold on to it for longer. You can even now sometimes find it for retail, no wonder it didn't grow a lot.

I don't think that any Architecture sets would do well if you held it longer in the UK. The UK is a completely different market than the US. Architecture sets are good Christmas sellers in the US, while they struggle to make good money in the UK.

I don't think that any Architecture sets would do well if you held it longer in the UK. The UK is a completely different market than the US. Architecture sets are good Christmas sellers in the US, while they struggle to make good money in the UK.

Maybe Lego should do more UK landmarks. A tower bridge would be perfect in the Architecture series.

You never know with these sets. Some are only around a short while while some never go away. What is ESB on now, it's 5th year?

It was released on September 8, 2011.

Brickset says it was Feb 1, 2009

It seems like there is a misunderstanding.

The 21011 Brandenburg Gate was released on 08 Sep 11 according to Brickset.

The 21001 Empire State Building was released on 01 Feb 09 according to Brickset.

• Like 2

Contemplated buying this a few times .... but not gonna burn my hands on this one. How much I like the Brandenburger tor, I don't think it has enough popularity to sell for a premium price.... except to germans and visitors of the ex-loveparade. Architecture should stick with niche buildings like Farnsworth  or Marine Bays Sands. For UK, perhaps they could make stonehenge.

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2014, 1:22:41, TabbyBoy said:

Yeah, definitely don't buy any heavily discounted Architecture sets for/in the UK market. Stick to 5% VIP on £100+ sets, please, everyone. Thanks :derisive:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...