Amazon Prime Membership - New Offers 2016

legopocalypse

I love how they immediately claim it's fuel prices.  Price at the pump is lower now than it was 4 years ago.  I haven't looked what a barrel of crude runs for these days, but I bet it's lower than the $150 it was running a few years ago as well when speculators were running rampant. 

I know shipping costs rise, I see it when I order pallets of product for work.  I just ordered 5 pallets of line chalk for the ball fields and the freight was the same as the chalk itself.  But using the "fuel costs" is a crutch.  My guess is it has more to do with health costs, but I won't start that debate, that's for another forum.

I think everyone gets a drone assigned to their account.

Now we're talking.  I want them to mount cameras on them with wi-fi so we can log in and watch them fly to our houses. 

You think those will ever become a reality?  I know they've talked about them, but it seems to be very much a dream scenario.

I think everyone gets a drone assigned to their account.

Now we're talking.  I want them to mount cameras on them with wi-fi so we can log in and watch them fly to our houses. 

You think those will ever become a reality?  I know they've talked about them, but it seems to be very much a dream scenario.

I would be in for a lifetime membership in this scenario.  That would be so awesome.

It would even be better if you could fly it yourself and drop off random stuff around town. I don't think this will ever be a reality.

I would be ok as long as they keep the 50% discount for students... Once I'm done with college I will probably drop it too. 2 day shipping is great, but not really something I really need.

I will continue to be a life-long scholar for Amazon Student Prime :) Heck, maybe I'll go for my PHD. In the meantime, I'm still a 'student' despite the Masters degree hanging on my wall.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Amazon increases its Prime to $99 starting the upcoming billing period. I got the email from them about it but below is an article from Reuters.

I found that I buy less and less from them as supposed to Target. I am get charged tax by Amazon so Target's 5% Redcard discounts helped sway the preference. Looks like I am not renewing my Prime membership

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/13/us-amazon-prime-idUSBREA2C12G20140313

I will continue to be a life-long scholar for Amazon Student Prime :) Heck, maybe I'll go for my PHD. In the meantime, I'm still a 'student' despite the Masters degree hanging on my wall.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

i just received an amazon email stating my student rate increased  by $10 to $49

• Like 1

Are there any other stipulations on the student account other than having a .edu email? Just wondering as my wife recently started working for a college and has a .edu email now. I hadn't thought about cashing in on any of those benefits yet... Any way to get lego as "educational material", haha.