Amazon Prime Membership - New Offers 2016

legopocalypse

Another way to lock in amazon Prime for $79.

http://lifehacker.com/get-another-year-of-amazon-prime-for-79-even-as-a-cur-1543360940

http://abcnews.go.com/technology/t/blogEntry?id=22915500&ref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Get Another Year of Amazon Prime for $79, Even as a Current Subscriber

SExpand

Amazon today announced that the annual price of Amazon Prime will increase from $79 to $99 next month, and though it's still arguably the best deal in tech, it'd be nice to get one more year at the old price. P

At first, it seemed that there was no way for current subscribers whose subscriptions weren't expiring before April 17 to renew in advance at the old rate, but it turns out there's a clever workaround:P

Disable auto-renew on your Prime account. Update: It seems like Amazon might have temporarily removed the option to cancel your membership online. If you're having trouble, you can still follow the rest of the steps and cancel your auto-renewal at a later date, either when the option is restored or through customer service.

Purchase a gift subscription here for $79

Set it to deliver to your own email address on the day that your current year of Prime lapses.

Just follow these steps, and you'll get an email with a credit for a brand new year of Amazon Prime as soon as your current membership lapses, and save yourself $20 in the process. As always, be sure check out our daily Lifehacker Deals posts to make the most of your subscription. [Amazon via Slickdeals]P

This post is brought to you by the Commerce Team, a dedicated group of deal hunters and product enthusiasts. We operate independently of Editorial to bring you the best bargains every day, share our favorite products with you, and ask you about yours. When you buy something we recommend, we may also get a small share of the sale. We welcome your questions and want your feedback.

• 2 years later...

Amazon.com is offering their Amazon Prime Service: Prime Video or Prime Shipping (Monthly) + 30-Day Prime Free Trial on sale listed below valid for New Amazon Members only.
Note, offer valid for New Amazon Members only. After your free trial, you may cancel anytime at your discretion. Be sure to click on "See More Plans" for your options.

Available Options

• Amazon Prime Video $8.99/month
    • Includes
      • Unlimited movies and TV Shows (Including HD, Ultra HD & HDR (when available)
  • Amazon Prime (Monthly) $10.99/month
    • Includes
      • Free Two-Day Shipping
      • Unlimited music streaming
      • Over a million ebooks
      • Early access to Lightning Deals
      • Free Same-Day Delivery in eligible areas
  • Amazon Prime (Annual) $99/year
    • Includes
      • Everything listed above
      • Save 25% with prepayment discount

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Amazon.com is offering their Amazon Prime Service: Prime Video or Prime Shipping (Monthly) + 30-Day Prime Free Trial on sale listed below valid for New Amazon Members only.
Note, offer valid for New Amazon Members only. After your free trial, you may cancel anytime at your discretion. Be sure to click on "See More Plans" for your options.

Available Options

• Amazon Prime Video $8.99/month
    • Includes
  • Amazon Prime (Monthly) $10.99/month
    • Includes
      • Free Two-Day Shipping
      • Unlimited music streaming
      • Over a million ebooks
      • Early access to Lightning Deals
      • Free Same-Day Delivery in eligible areas
  • Amazon Prime (Annual) $99/year
    • Includes
      • Everything listed above
      • Save 25% with prepayment discount

I'm troubled by the math:

$9x12=$108

$11x12=$132

so they only target ppl who will sign up for partial year.

13 minutes ago, yang said:

I'm troubled by the math:

$9x12=$108

$11x12=$132

so they only target ppl who will sign up for partial year.

Isn't it a monthly commitment versus a full year commitment, and hence the full year getting 25% off? Though 75%*$132 > $99, so the savings should be listed as 30%.

I'm not sure if people are aware of this but  Amazon offers a store credit card that gives 5% cash back on all purchases if you have Amazon Prime. Not something they advertise very well but it is out there.  I just found out about it the other day and I know a lot of other prime members did not know this option was out there.  They also give you a 20 dollar credit for signing up

1 hour ago, V22driver said:

I'm not sure if people are aware of this but  Amazon offers a store credit card that gives 5% cash back on all purchases if you have Amazon Prime. Not something they advertise very well but it is out there.  I just found out about it the other day and I know a lot of other prime members did not know this option was out there.  They also give you a 20 dollar credit for signing up

Can you only use this card on amazon like the target red cards at target?

• 1 month later...