• Palace Cinema
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Detective's Office
    • Brick Bank
    • Assembly Square

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

There has been a possible hint on Twitter that it is a police station. May just turn out to be a red herring.

With a helipad on top? This could be an excuse for yet another.... erm..... helicopter? I treat everything as a red herring until officiallyrevealed by LEGO, it'll only be a disappointment otherwise.

53 minutes ago, Haay said:

Monday December 3rd will be the official reveal of the next (2019) Modular building! 

Not more damn modulars, there's far too many as it is! No wonder the theme isn't as lucrative as it once was.

Guest TabbyBoy
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, Spider said:

Just noticed whilst browsing the site that new sets has Lego Creator Expert 10260 Fire Brigade listed. The link obviously takes us to the Diner but I wondered if a rework of 10197 was being considered. I have that one but missed the town house, greengrocer and market street (came late to the party) so hoping more reworks/rereleases are going to happen. 

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/products/new-products?icmp=COALL45HomeNPProductCarouselButton##sp=990

Thanks, I'm offering 10 of my 10197 Fire Brigades up for sale right now, just in case. I'd rather get £250 a pop now than £120 in a month's time!

9 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

With a helipad on top? This could be an excuse for yet another.... erm..... helicopter? I treat everything as a red herring until officiallyrevealed by LEGO, it'll only be a disappointment otherwise.

Not more damn modulars, there's far too many as it is! No wonder the theme isn't as lucrative as it once was.

Too many? With the EOL of BB and DO we'll be down to AS, PR, DD, and this new one. Four isnt too bad, considering that the remaining sets into 2019 are vastly different.

Seen the picture of it. It's going to be more popular than the Downtown Diner in my estimate!

Three story corner building with a gas-station in the centre and a garage / car-working place on the right. First floor has a veterinarian office. Second floor looks to be living quarters. Very nice detailing! 2569 pieces. 

Official reveal tomorrow (Monday).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Haay said:

Seen the picture of it. It's going to be more popular than the Downtown Diner in my estimate!

Three story corner building with a gas-station in the centre and a garage / car-working place on the right. First floor has a veterinarian office. Second floor looks to be living quarters. Very nice detailing! 2569 pieces. 

I can't find an image of it, but I'm sure I'll buy it regardless. Modulars are addictive. I had held off on buying them for so long because I knew that once I caved I would have to get them all. Finally bought a reasonably-priced FB in summer 2017 and now I have all of them except Market Street. 

7 hours ago, Haay said:

I'm a sucker for gas station / garages, so if it's the case my wallet will cry as I'll want multiple copies to make it bigger!

On 12/2/2018 at 5:09 AM, Captain_chaos said:

I can't find an image of it, but I'm sure I'll buy it regardless. Modulars are addictive. I had held off on buying them for so long because I knew that once I caved I would have to get them all. Finally bought a reasonably-priced FB in summer 2017 and now I have all of them except Market Street. 

I am still holding out and have not bought a modular yet

...but the Assemby Square calls me...it has a dental office (family member is a dentist)...which may ultimately be its best selling point to her.

Modular are obviously very cool to any hard core lego fan...but I feel like it's a adult model pretending to be a child's playset...its definitely not for the casual collector and seems really niche...I have yet to actually see one in person (other than the Lego Store)...obviously the vast majority of Lego buyers are not building an entire town...and w/ Lego issuing new sets every few months...what is the "end game" for most collectors here (A few on the shelf...until they take over the whole shelf?)? 

10 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I am still holding out and have not bought a modular yet

...but the Assemby Square calls me...it has a dental office (family member is a dentist)...which may ultimately be its best selling point to her.

Modular are obviously very cool to any hard core lego fan...but I feel like it's a adult model pretending to be a child's playset...its definitely not for the casual collector and seems really niche...I have yet to actually see one in person (other than the Lego Store)...obviously the vast majority of Lego buyers are not building an entire town...and w/ Lego issuing new sets every few months...what is the "end game" for most collectors here (A few on the shelf...until they take over the whole shelf?)? 

Ha.  Yup.  And keeping the dust off is epic.  I have 8 6'x2' display cases of modulars and custom-built ones that my son and I have built over the years.  What I will do with this stuff one day is anyone's guess, but I assume just sell it for pennies, sadly.  

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Graham Bailey said:

Is “corner garage” overpriced?

its a heck of a leap in price. +15% over “brick bank”. No increase in part count.

it maybe the first modular I don’t buy. Which may lead to the sale of the others.

seems TLG maybe being just a tad greedy

Speaking from a different market - Corner garage overpriced hell yeah.

Local price in Oz is AUD$300 - I'll be waiting a couple of years until its the AUD $160 - $199 range

• 5 months later...

I came out of my dark ages like 5 or 6 years ago, bought thousands of dollars of Lego, got burned out on it after a couple years, and then sold off much of my collection.

I'm just getting back into things now.  There are a bunch of modular buildings I didn't know existed, probably the newest 5 or 6 or so.

What I find interesting is that they have definitely NOT gotten better with each new release, IMO.  There are quite a few misses for me.

I have something like 4 Pet Shops bought as investments, and those have been slow to accrue value.

I have found it interesting that the Parisian Restaurant seems to be a strong seller right now, and it was voted the favorite in the poll in this thread!   Very interesting.

I never particularly liked it or thought it was special, and don't like the odd shade of green the bricks are colored in. 

For me, the best of them all is the Green Grocer, which I never owned.  Perhaps that is why it has a lot of appeal for me!  I would note that it is actually quite prompted by newer MB designs, with little interior, etc.

If I actually owned and built it, I might knock it further down my list.

I also love the Pet Shop and Fire Brigade as probably the 2 best, for me.

• 5 months later...