• Pet Shop
    • Town Hall
    • Palace Cinema
    • Parisian Restaurant
    • Detective's Office
    • Brick Bank
    • Assembly Square

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, Haay said:

I found this remarkable and quite unexpected! In the large (more than 60,000 members) LEGO Community on Google+ I put up a poll asking people to vote for favourite Advanced Modular building from the five currently available (i.e. not officially Retired) sets. The result really surprised me:

Mind you: these people who voted are not resellers but kids, teenagers and adults who play with Lego and enjoy building sets and MOCs.

I'm really stunned about the overwhelming preference for Detective's Office where I had expected a much larger liking for Parisian Restaurant. Even Palace Cinema got more votes than the restaurant!

Does anyone here have a good explanation for this remarkable result?

One thing that stands out for me: "pool hall" also known as a dive bar with minifigs of possible questionable ethics. I love the design of the Parisian Restaurant but the Detective's Office has an insinuated grittiness that is alluring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

There are people that buy Chima Fire Bikes too.  Trying to understand how people think is impossible.  PR is my personal favorite of all of them.

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart - George Clooney's character from O Brother Where Art Thou (great movie, just watched it again recently)

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, Haay said:

I found this remarkable and quite unexpected! In the large (more than 60,000 members) LEGO Community on Google+ I put up a poll asking people to vote for favourite Advanced Modular building from the five currently available (i.e. not officially Retired) sets. The result really surprised me:

Mind you: these people who voted are not resellers but kids, teenagers and adults who play with Lego and enjoy building sets and MOCs.

I'm really stunned about the overwhelming preference for Detective's Office where I had expected a much larger liking for Parisian Restaurant. Even Palace Cinema got more votes than the restaurant!

Does anyone here have a good explanation for this remarkable result?

Who cares ;-) It doesn't really matter.

I can see why people like DO, personally PR and DO are my favorites so far. I can imagine that many people who like these two have decided for DO in this poll thus didn't vote for PR.

I guess it's a thin line and I'm sure there are many people where PR comes right behind DO or another modular when thinking of their 3 favorites.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I see that the Pet Shop isn't universally liked but, I love it. I'm hoping this is the dark horse when it comes to cashing in.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:53 PM, exciter1 said:

I have just as many Pet Shops as I do Arkham Asylums.

I hope you meant "I only have as many Pet Shops as I do Arkham Asylums" rather than "I have just as many Pet Shops as I do Arkham Asylums"...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think that the DO and BB are the two favorites because of the extra playfulness added in the sets.  Cookie smuggling in the DO and Money Laundering in the BB.  I think a whole bunch of younger collectors might like that and think it's funny, and maybe think that the other sets are too dull and boring for not having that.

I'm definitely an AFOL myself, so I'm more fond of the older sets that don't have the extra 'gimmicks' added to it. It's cute and all, but that's not the real original idea about these modulars.

Just my two cents, my favorite is still GG and then GE.

I probably will get blown up for saying this, but the BB is probably my least favorite of the bunch so far. There is almost TOO much going on. Tiny, tiny little details on so many sections. Instances of using three flat 1x2's or 1x4's on top of each other when a regular 1x2 or 1x4 would suffice. Very stuffed full interior which looks great but just is just...full. The height of the main floor also makes it hard to navigate around (play with or show friends the features), the chandelier is brilliant but hidden, and honestly the short, square shaped exterior is not very appealing compared to other modulars. It just felt like a clunky build, and it's even worse to tear apart.

I think I will bust open a PS next and see what all they hype is about on that one. 

Edited by Yinchuan
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Vote at: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/127875

I need a hand. Maybe you've seen it or not, but my Magic Shop is nearing 6K votes on Lego Ideas. But I need it to go back to popular for a chance of getting to 10K!

2313066-o_1ab5sosmb1vb4pff8sq1nkvde24-thumbnail.jpg

Would you agree this would make an amazing modular?? Guys I know you're experts, help me out!

Thanks!!

Edited by Paupadros
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Paupadros said:

Vote at: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/127875

I need a hand. Maybe you've seen it or not, but my Magic Shop is nearing 6K votes on Lego Ideas. But I need it to go back to popular for a chance of getting to 10K!

Would you agree this would make an amazing modular?? Guys I know you're experts, help me out!

Thanks!!

Good luck, though I highly doubt we'll see a modular set as an Ideas release.

I duno how the process works with official submissions...... you probably can't share anything about the project with anyone until Lego makes a decision somewhere down the line. 

I personally love it, the aesthetics of it tick all the boxes for me. I'd love to know the parts list (to get a sense of what it would cost to bricklink). Only easy way to get that into Bricklink though is with the original LDD file, which I doubt you're willing to just share. Shoot me a PM if there's any opportunity for me to take a first hand look at it in LDD! 

• 3 months later...

Any rumours as to what the next modular is likely to be, or is it way too early for that?

My daughter and I have built the cinema, restaurant, detective's office and assembly square, all in the past couple of months. We still have the Brick Bank to go. I just bought Ninjago City too, which is almost a modular! ?

I think they're all great, although it's clear to see how much better the builds have got over time with respect to the detailing and the quality of the interiors.

11 hours ago, Val-E said:

They might skip releasing a new one in 2018. Still a mystery what set number 10256 will be too.

I doubt they will skip releasing a new Modular building in 2018. It's a flagship theme for Lego after all, which got a special 10th Anniversary edition building this year with the Assembly Square set. So I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a new Modular building this coming January. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just noticed whilst browsing the site that new sets has Lego Creator Expert 10260 Fire Brigade listed. The link obviously takes us to the Diner but I wondered if a rework of 10197 was being considered. I have that one but missed the town house, greengrocer and market street (came late to the party) so hoping more reworks/rereleases are going to happen. 

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/products/new-products?icmp=COALL45HomeNPProductCarouselButton##sp=990

IMG_6180.PNG

• 8 months later...