Fire Brigade UK Ebay price update

Yup, +$100 can be a major purchase for an investor and/or collector (fan).  Most flippers/investors will just have 1-3 at these price pts for big sets.  For those that have budget for +20 sets and have the patience to hold for 2-4yrs or more after retirement all the better for them.  Diversity is good.       

I think we should all be glad we aren't all jumping on the same sets for 50 each.

Some people go for small/medium sets, some for the large ones. Some buy and hold, some quick flip, others part out.

This way, we all fill our little niche in the secundary market. If everyone would take Ed's Advice and put all our eggs in the basket that is Grand Emporium, probably no profit for anyone.

Prices in a market economy are affected by supply vs. demand. More supply vs. same demand equals less growth.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree to what you say Bernard. I respect every investor here. The long and the short term's. I will never buy 20 of each exclusive. Unless they are dirt cheap. But that does not happen so often. I believe for me, diversity in my brickfolio is important. Quantity and Stylewise. So 5 of these, 5 of those, etc. If you manage to get 20 or 50 GE's and after EOL the value goes up in the skies you will still say "I wished I had bought more". Sometimes you have to be satisfied with what you have or archieved.

Guest davewager78

I guess that the investor purchase proportion of GE sales is relatively small - who knows. Take the scenario to the limit - assume investors buy every GE - the set doesn't go EOL at all when TLG pull the plug. Thus no change in price, and no profit, once fees are included

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker